Online Certified Professional Project Manager (CPPM)
Become a top-notch project management professional
Successful project managers constantly seek out the most effective project management tools, practices, and methods. Obtaining St. Thomas’ Certified Professional Project Manager (CPPM) designation will give you an edge over the competition. With hands-on experience in your toolkit, you’ll be able to immediately apply your newfound knowledge in your everyday activities.
The CPPM program gives you a solid foundation in the skills you’ll need to be a successful project manager:
- Developing strong interpersonal and communication skills to influence and lead project teams
- Applying a broad range of estimating tools and practices to successfully manage projects within scope from initiation to closure
- Enhancing your project management outcomes by effectively utilizing the top PMI® global standards
Formats: The online CPPM program is completed over the course of 10 weeks with a combination of work you do on our own and weekly online meetings with the class. We also have an in-classroom version of the CPPM program that meets over the course of five days. The end results is the same. The mode of becoming a Certified Professional Project Manager is different.
Learn effective project management skills and principles
Project managers often struggle to align project deliverables with their organization’s strategic plan, vision and mission. The Certified Professional Project Manager (CPPM) program builds your leadership and decision-making skills while exploring the best practices and tools for effective project management.
Here are some of the topics covered:
- Project initiation including clearly defining project outcomes, assessing project feasibility, identifying stakeholders, conducting a SWOT analysis and creating a project charter
- Project planning skills such as: crafting a problem statement, risk management plan, CPM and PERT network diagrams, Gantt charts and a budget
- Navigating the stages of team development, conflict resolution and group dynamics management
- Project control, closure, and finalization including how to conduct a successful project audit and the best ways to communicate the results throughout the organization
This certification program includes a group exam to demonstrate understanding and competency of the topics.
Looking for in-class learning? Try our Certified Project Management Professional program!
Anyone who currently manages projects, products, programs or processes will benefit from the project management skills covered in the this program.
Participant titles/job functions may include, but are not limited to:
- IT Analyst
- Account Manager
- Business Consultant
- Technology Manager
- Sales Specialist
- Process Analyst
- Quality improvement Specialist
- Marketing Communications Specialist
- Marketing Communications Managers
- Brand Managers
- Strategic Planners
- Anyone looking to change careers or enhance their existing skillset
Learn from our top-notch faculty with industry experience
Wayne Kaul, MBA, PMP, PMI-ACP
Wayne Kaul is an adjunct faculty member within the Executive Education Department of the Opus College of Business at the University of St. Thomas. He draws on more than 35 years of experience in corporate leadership, systems development, project management, education, and consulting.
Kaul's professional experience includes positions in engineering, research & development, and information technology. He has expertise in planning, managing and directing global IT projects, as well as IT financial management and vendor management practices. He holds two United States patent awards as a result of his work in engineering and product development.
His experience as an instructor/lecturer includes courses in project management, operations management, Lean Six Sigma, strategic management and business policy. He is a certified Project Management Professional (PMP) and an Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) through the internationally-recognized Project Management Institute.
Invest in your career - Gain a strong ROI
Why Choose Online Certified Professional Project Manager (OCPPM)?
- Learn Project Management Leadership Skills. Demonstrate your project management leadership by successfully navigating your project from initiation to closure the moment you walk away from this program.
- Choose the Right Approach. What is waterfall versus agile? You need to be able to choose the right approach based on project needs. With an understanding of traditional practices you will have the ability to determine which projects are best served using the waterfall method.
- Drive Project Success. You’ll return to work with the skills needed to improve project success and drive innovation. These skills are discussed and practiced in the classroom environment and can be applied to your projects immediately.
- Earn a Certification. By successfully completing this program you will earn the CPPM (Certified Professional Project Manager) certification through the University of St. Thomas. This certification will add credibility to your experience and demonstrate ability in waterfall methodology to current and future employers.
- Take Steps Toward PMP® Designation. Earn 35 contact hours of REP (Registered Education Provider) training required for Project Management Practitioner designation through the Project Management Institute (PMI)®.
- Earn PDU credits to maintain PMI certifications. Already hold the PMP® or other PMI® credentials? Earn 35 PDUs through this program.
Additional Program Details:
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) are non-credit educational experiences; one CEU is equivalent to 10 contact hours of study and will be noted on your completion certificate.
- There are no prerequisites for this program.
PMI® Certification Holders or Seekers:
- This program has been approved by the Project Management Institute (PMI®) for the 35 contact hours required to sit for the PMP® exam. 35 Hours of educational training is required to sit for the PMP® exam.
- If you currently hold a PMI certification, this program counts as 35 PDUs for maintaining your credentials.
PMI® and PMP® are registered marks of Project Management Institute, Inc.
At St. Thomas Executive Education you will:
- Gain practical tools from experienced faculty
- Learn current, real-world skills you can apply on Monday (and every day)
- Have a personalized experience from program exploration to successful completion
All of this leads to a smart, practical and personalized experience to gain confidence and excel in your career. With over 30 open enrollment programs, we can help you dive into a specific topic area, understand business terminology and further develop your leadership and management skills.