Microsoft® Project for Program and Project Managers
Leverage the power of technology with Microsoft® Project training
Microsoft® Project has transformed the way project managers streamline their processes. Easily analyze resources, budgets and timelines and make more informed, strategic decisions that move your projects forward. The Microsoft® Project for Program and Project Managers program shows you how to capitalize on the technology and make your projects as successful as possible.
This program covers the features of the application that tackle common project management hurdles such as:
Knowing what to focus attention on and what to set aside in order to move the project forward
Managing the workflow of disparate teams successfully
Delivering effective visual presentations that give immediate insight into the health and status of your projects
Anticipating any challenges that may arise and proactively plan for them
You already have a solid foundation in the processes of project management, so now is your chance to take your knowledge to a whole new level. You will learn the ins and outs of Microsoft Project and leave with the tools to immediately start using it in your everyday job responsibilities.
Specific topics covered include:
- Integrating PMI® project methodology with Microsoft® Project and Microsoft® Word
- Inserting project files into a master file
- Working with multiple project files
- Combining project files in one window
- Linking tasks in separate project files
- Sharing resources in multiple projects
- Formatting your project file
- Customizing fields, filters, tables, forms and views
- Creating custom reports
- Sharing your customized views and reports with others.
Participants should have a solid working knowledge of the phases of a project life cycle, through CPPM, PMP® or APM project management certifications.
PMI® and PMP® are registered marks of Project Management Institute, Inc.
If you are a project management professional who manages multiple projects and either currently use Microsoft® Project or anticipate using it in the future, this is the perfect program to learn the ins and outs of this powerful technology.
Participant titles/job functions may include, but are not limited to:
- Project/Program Manager
- Operations Managers
- Business Analysts
- Business Consultants
- Anyone who currently uses the application or anticipate it in the future
- Those looking to build up their project management skillset
Learn from our top-notch faculty with industry experience
Ernest L. Owens Jr., Ed.D., M.B.A., C.P.M., P.M.P.
Ernie Owens consults with industry leaders and nonprofits in the areas of project management and strategic planning. His 22 years of industry experience include roles as Director of Strategic Planning at Unisys, cost engineer at IBM, and industrial engineer at Johnson and Johnson. Dr. Owens is full-time tenured and lead faculty for project management at the University of St. Thomas for the College of Business in the Leadership and Management Program. He teaches Organizing Capabilities in the Executive MBA. He also teaches Strategic, Operations, and Project Management in the MBA and undergraduate programs. Dr. Owens has also served as the chair of the Minnesota Governor's Workforce Development Council for six years. Dr. Owens holds a doctorate in leadership from the University of St. Thomas. His research interests include project management and service learning.
Invest in your career - Gain a strong ROI
2.8 CEUs and 28 PDUs
Why choose Microsoft® Project for Program and Project Managers?
- Learn desired technical skills. Walk away with a solid understanding of the Microsoft® Project software and how you can apply it on your toughest of projects.
- Organize Your Project Towards Success. Use Microsoft® Project to your advantage in organizing your projects' constant changes. Never lose an important document or deadline again!
- Streamline Your Project Process. Be a project leader by maximizing the efficiency of this tool and impressing your team with your streamlined processes.
- Earn PDU credits to maintain PMI certifications. Already hold the PMP® or other PMI® credentials? Earn 21 PDUs through this program.
Additional Program Details:
- Cost includes tuition, learning materials and refreshments.
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) are non-credit educational experiences; one CEU is equivalent to 10 contact hours of study and will be noted on your completion certificate.
- Program sessions are held on the downtown Minneapolis campus. Parking is available within one block.
- There are no prerequisites for this program.
PMI® Certification Holders:
- If you currently hold a PMI certification, this program counts as 21 PDUs for maintaining your credentials.
PMI® is registered marks of Project Management Institute, Inc.
At St. Thomas Executive Education you will:
- Gain practical tools from experienced faculty
- Learn current, real-world skills you can apply on Monday (and every day)
- Network with other professionals working in business
- Have a personalized experience from program exploration to successful completion
All of this leads to a smart, practical and personalized experience to gain confidence and excel in your career. With over 30 open enrollment programs, we can help you dive into a specific topic area, understand business terminology and further develop your leadership and management skills.