Six Sigma Green Belt Certificate
Lead process improvement using six sigma concepts
When Six Sigma is implemented, a company’s product and service quality improve and work processes are smoother and more streamlined. These companies know the importance of having employees who can identify, analyze and solve quality problems.
The University of St. Thomas’ Six Sigma Green Belt Certificate is perfect for those professionals who already have a foundational knowledge of Six Sigma and work on these types of projects under the supervision of Black Belt team members. The expertise gained includes how to:
- Identify processes that need improvements quickly and efficiently
- Reduce variability to increase overall quality and reduce costs
- Increase the value you offer your organization by being better able to support Black Belt team members in large scale projects
- Employ numerous process improvement techniques within the DMAIC model
- Gain the practical experience needed to lead future small to medium scale projects
System Maintenance Outage Notice: Our registration system is being updated as part of the development of our new website.
There may be intermittent outages where the Upcoming Dates & Registration button below will not function correctly. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. If you are unable to register, please feel free to call us at 651-962-4600 or complete the form on the right (below on mobile) with a note to let you know when registration is available. If you are looking for upcoming program schedules, an alternative option is to view our upcoming programs list. Thank you for your patience.
The benefits of an organizations’ employees participating in St. Thomas’ Six Sigma Green Belt Certificate program include increased customer satisfaction, improved service and product reliability, and enhanced financial performance. Here is an overview of some of the topics covered:
- Cost reduction by applying Six Sigma methods
- Gaining a thorough understanding of all aspects within the phases of DMAIC
- Understanding, utilizing, and interpreting Six Sigma tools
- Techniques to work on and improve team facilitation skills
- Formulating basic statistical analyses to determine the relationship between key inputs and process outputs
- Prepare and present project reports and presentations to instructors, peers and management.
Whether you’re an entry-level employee or a manufacturing executive with many years of experience under your “belt,” the Six Sigma Green Belt certificate program is for anyone who already has foundational knowledge of Six Sigma and needs advanced practical experience in order to perform their job functions.
- Participant titles and job functions may include, but are not limited to:
- Operations Manager
- General Manager
- Director of Operational Excellence
- Functional Project Lead
- Senior Project Manager
- Reliability Engineer
- Operating System Specialist
- Lead Manufacturing Engineer
- Warehouse Operations Manager
- Project Engineer
- Data Scientist
- Compliance Structural Engineer
- Business Process Manager
- Lead Analyst/Project Manager
- Business Process Improvement Consultant
- Lean Six Sigma Consultant
- Director, Performance Excellence
- Entrepreneurs and business owners
- Individuals looking to advance in their careers or those making a career change
Learn from our top-notch faculty with industry experience
Mr. Larson has consulted over 20 years with many fortune 500 companies & many firms in the public sector designing & directing strategies focused on strategic change, innovation, organizational performance improvement & leadership talent development. He has extensive experience working domestically & internationally as a leader, business owner, instructor, coach, project practitioner, consultant, and engagement director with organizations across many industries.
Mr. Larson has served as advisor to executive leaders and led high profile global & enterprise-wide improvement programs & portfolios within service & product environments within the information technology (IT), telecommunications, financial services, higher education, government, healthcare, mining, home services, industrial products, chemical & petroleum, oil & gas, consulting and banking industries across the entire value chain of an organization, including marketing & communications, sales, IT, human resources, operations, and finance. He has successfully designed & deployed enterprise-wide Lean SixSigma breakthrough strategies at Fortune 500 companies that have included strategy design, funding & ROI models, P&L management, governance, change management, communication strategy, project pipelines, resource model, talent mgmt, coaching & certifications, program metrics, training models, directing portfolios of process improvement teams and successfully training, mentoring and coaching Lean SixSigma Yellow Belts, Green Belts, Black Belts, Master Black Belts, Project Sponsors/Champions and Sr. Executives.
He has held leadership positions at General Electric Capital, PricewaterhouseCoopers Consulting, IBM Global Business Consulting Services, and University of Minnesota. He received his Certificate of Innovation Studies at UMN Graduate School, Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification at General Electric, Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt certification at PricewaterhouseCoopers Consulting, B.A. from the University of Minnesota, Mini MBA at University of St. Thomas & serves as adjunct faculty for University of Saint Thomas & University of Minnesota.
John R. Olson, Ph.D.
John Olson is a professor and chairs the department of Operations and Supply Chain Management at the University of St. Thomas. He holds a Ph.D. in Operations Management and Statistics from the University of Nebraska. He has consulted with numerous firms across the Midwest in the areas of Six Sigma and quality management, Lean thinking, theory of constraints, project management, and strategic management of operations. Dr. Olson has worked with 40+ organizations, including the Veterans Administration’s several smaller regional clinics, to improve their organizational systems.
Dr. Olson’s research interests focus on how companies create value in the supply chain. He has examined many different industries, including health care, manufacturing, e-commerce, e-services, and logistics, and has published over 20 articles in leading academic journals and trade publications.
Invest in your career - Gain a strong ROI
Why Choose Six Sigma Green Belt?
- Understand Six Sigma. Learn standardized Six Sigma tools and processes including data analysis, change management, team collaboration, and prepare to take your knowledge to the next step, Black Belt.
- Become a Strong Team Member. Provide valuable input on Six Sigma projects through data analysis and knowledge of the DMAIC process.
- Take the Next Step in Your Career. Being Six Sigma Green Belt certified is internationally recognized and standardized throughout organizations.
- Earn a Certification. By successfully completing this program you will earn your Six Sigma Green Belt certification through the University of St. Thomas. This certification will add credibility to your experience and demonstrate ability in Six Sigma to current and future employers.
Additional Program Details:
- Cost includes tuition, learning materials and refreshments.
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) are non-credit educational experiences; one CEU is equivalent to 10 contact hours of study and will be noted on your completion certificate.
- Program sessions are held on the downtown Minneapolis campus. Parking is available within one block.
- There are no prerequisites for this program.
At St. Thomas Executive Education you will:
- Gain practical tools from experienced faculty
- Learn current, real-world skills you can apply on Monday (and every day)
- Network with other professionals working in business
- Have a personalized experience from program exploration to successful completion
All of this leads to a smart, practical and personalized experience to gain confidence and excel in your career. With over 30 open enrollment programs, we can help you dive into a specific topic area, understand business terminology and further develop your leadership and management skills.