Schoenecker Hall at the Iversen Center for Faith
- Seating capacity: 240 seated at round tables
- Location: Iverson Center for Faith
- Types of events: banquets, receptions, conferences, lectures, meetings, seminars and more
A main-floor gathering room connected to the St. Thomas Aquinas Chapel, the Iversen Center for Faith is a brand-new facility, opened in 2020. Thoughtfully designed, the Iversen Center for Faith integrates into the grounds surrounding the Chapel. The building, which encompasses 25,000 square feet, includes campus ministry offices, a bridal suite and groom suite, new restroom facilities and an elevator to improve handicap accessibility in the chapel.
The Iversen Center for Faith features a large space for special events, including wedding receptions and funeral luncheons, and a new location for alumni and other guests of the university to host on-campus gatherings. The space will hold up to 240 guests for a seated dinner and can be partitioned into three smaller conference-style rooms.
- Section A accommodates 192 in theater-style seating, or 48 at round tables
- Section B accommodates 204 in theater-style seating, or 56 at round tables
- Section C accommodates 222 in theater-style seating, or 96 at round tables
Additionally, a sacred art gallery, a multi-faith meditation room and two outdoor gathering areas make the space versatile for a variety of events. Outdoors, guests will enjoy pre-event social hours on our outdoor patio with amphitheater seating, or our expansive rooftop terraces and Peace Garden.
A long corridor extending from the north to south ends of the building includes a pedestrian pathway with skylights that connects the Chapel via underground tunnel to neighboring buildings, including parking garages in the Tommie East and Tommie North Residence Halls.
The building design incorporates a significant use of glass — around the new building’s entrances, along corridors and in skylights. That not only allows sunlight into the building during the day, but also lights the existing church in a striking way at night. Schoenecker Hall has one full wall of windows, making it a bright space for daytime events.
- Podium and microphone
- Retractable walls can split the space into three smaller rooms
- Projector and screen