Weddings at St. Thomas
Each year, about 60 weddings take place at the University of St. Thomas. In addition to two chapels for wedding ceremonies, a variety of reception venues are available. We have venues for small or large weddings, and recently opened a new reception space with bride and groom suites that are connected to our St. Paul Campus chapel.
Couples who hold a wedding ceremony on campus receive a 50% discount on the room rental fee for an on-campus reception.
Your wedding ceremony may take place in one of two campus chapels. Reservations and wedding coordination is handled by Campus Ministry.
Chapel of St. Thomas Aquinas
- Archbishop John Ireland commissioned Emmanuel-Louis Masqueray, the architect of the St. Paul Cathedral and the Basilica of St. Mary, to design the chapel. The design is an adaption of the Byzantine style used for basilicas in several northern Italian cities during the Renaissance, with a pattern based on the Latin Cross. The first celebration took place on the feast of St. Thomas Aquinas on March 7, 1918. Today, many liturgies are celebrated in the chapel for the university students and the community at large. Chapel of St. Thomas Aquinas history and photos »
Chapel of St. Thomas More
- The Chapel of St. Thomas More is an intimate space to celebrate weddings. Those eligible to reserve the chapel for weddings are: UST alumni and their children, members of the current faculty/staff and their children, and current students. Chapel of St. Thomas More information »
A number of campus venues serve as lovely wedding reception sites. Any space that works for general banquets and receptions works well for wedding receptions. Some suggestions:
- James B. Woulfe Alumni Hall (seats 550)
- Scooter's (seats 320)
- Schoenecker Hall at the new Iverson Center for Faith (seats 240)
- Al & Brenda Iversen Hearth Room (seats 75)
- Schulze Grand Atrium (seats 275)
Each of the venues listed above, as well as both chapels on the University of St. Thomas campus, are connected to visitor parking, either in a garage within the same building, or connected to a parking garage via tunnel or skyway. Your event manager can help you with parking arrangements.
Our in-house catering team offers an expansive reception and banquet menu, including buffets and plated meals. We will work with you to make sure any special dietary needs of you and your guests are met. Catering info »
We can offer additional wedding services, like printing of invitations, programs, signage and other materials. Our on-campus Print Shop can print your design, or you can use our graphic design services to create something custom. The Print Shop delivers on campus for free, so your ceremony programs or signage will be at the appropriate spot on campus on your special day. We can even prepare your invitations for mailing with our bulk mail processing service.
Our events team would be happy to talk with you about hosting your wedding reception at St. Thomas; please request more information.
Take a Virtual Tour: Chapel of St. Thomas Aquinas and the Iversen Center for Faith