St. Paul Campus Weddings
The Chapel of St. Thomas Aquinas is located on the St. Paul North campus of the University of St. Thomas.
Archbishop John Ireland commissioned Emmanuel-Louis Masqueray, the architect of the St. Paul Cathedral and the Basilica of St. Mary, to design the chapel. The design is an adaption of the Byzantine style used for basilicas in several northern Italian cities during the Renaissance, with a pattern based on the Latin Cross. The first celebration took place on the feast of St. Thomas Aquinas on March 7, 1918. Today, many liturgies are celebrated in the chapel for the university students and the community at large.