Academic & Student Support Services
To reach any of the following offices, please call (651) 962-5000 and ask for the office you wish to contact.
Academic counselors assist students who have questions or concerns regarding course registration, academic progress, degree requirements, and overall academic concerns.
Center for Writing
The Center for Writing provides one-on-one conferences for writing assignments in any class at any stage of the writing process.
Mathematics Resource Center (MaRC)
The MaRC offers tutoring for students in various mathematics courses. Other services include: placement testing, independent study and review programs, and general mathematics advising. Students are encouraged to drop in anytime during the posted hours.
Counseling and Career Services
Counseling and Career Services offers assistance with personal counseling, career counseling, internships, testing, and other services or resources to assist with life and career management.
Student Health Services
Student Health Services handles medical needs of students.
Public Safety and Parking Services
Public Safety and Parking Services provides the following services: law enforcement, crime prevention, vehicle services, building access, lost and found, emergency assistance, professional referrals, and parking information.
Assistive technology is available to students with disabilities. The technology is available in the O’Shaughnessy-Frey Library Center and the Keffer Library.
- Kurzweil 1000: a reading system that converts printed material into speech; includes voice recognition
- Kurzweil 3000: a reading system that includes visual and auditory presentation of printed materials, scans printed material that appears on the computer screen and then speaks the onscreen text
- Jaws for Windows: converts printed material into speech for individuals with visual impairments
- ZoomText: a low-vision text enhancer that increases the size of text on the computer screen
- Naturally Speaking: dictation software that allows you to speak to the computer; displays the dictation on the screen