Thank You for Your Gifts to the English Department!
Because of your generosity, we are able to:
Invite nationally- and internationally-renowned guest writers and scholars to campus to read from their work and talk with our majors
In Spring 2017 we hosted Robin Coste Lewis, winner of the National Book Award in Poetry and Ralph Alan Cohen, co-founder of the American Shakespeare Festival.
Support annual scholarships for outstanding English majors
- the Paul Hague Award for Excellence: 2016-2017 winner Anne Kopas
- the Joseph B. Connors Scholarship: 2016-2017 winner Paul Rousseau
Fund research assistantships for both undergraduate and graduate students to work directly with professors
Sponsor students' travel to present their research findings and creative writing at conferences
In the past two years students have presented and enjoyed networking at the following conferences:
- AWP (Association of Writers and Writing Programs)
- Modern Language Association
- Nineteenth-Century Studies Association
- American Society for Eighteenth-Century Studies
- Southeastern Society for Eighteenth-Century Studies
- Research Society for Victorian Periodicals
- Northern Plains Conference on Early British Literature
- Streamlines Undergraduate Conference Celebrating Language, Literature, and Writing
- University of St. Francis Undergraduate Conference on English Literature and Language
Offer students professional development opportunities
In June 2016 Megan Vaughan studied at the Summer Institute in Narrative Medicine at Columbia University.
Buy tickets and memberships for students to visit and work with cultural organizations
Please contact department chair Dr. Olga Herrera (firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-962-5613) if you would like to make a gift to the English Department.