Internships for English Majors & Minors Info Session
Undergraduate English majors and minors are invited to learn more about finding and applying for internships in this session offered by our department faculty internship coordinators.
Date & Time:
12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
Anderson Student Center, Room 341
At 12 noon, we’ll have a short presentation by the Career Center on best practices for navigating their website and utilizing their resources for English major and minor internship and job needs.
From 12:15 – 1:00, we’ll have a number of speakers for you to meet, network with and query:
- Game Informer – video game magazine, on campus specifically to talk about internships
- Kaitlyn Hennesy – UST grad and law student, ready to answer questions about getting into and navigating law school
- Mollie Laidley – current UST grad student, with info on interning with the Minnesota Orchestra
- Rachel Smith – current UST undergraduate, who can tell you about interning with Coffee House Press (and give you tips on how to get one of those coveted positions!)
Additionally, we’ll be talking about Envision, the College of Arts and Sciences career event. Envision is a two-day program running Thursday, January 25 to Friday, January 26. Participants will:
- Explore a variety of industries with opportunities for liberal arts majors:
- Sports and entertainment
- Consulting, management, consumer products and retail
- Communications, media, public relations and advertising
- Education, non-profit, social services and arts
- Banking, insurance, investments and real estate
- Government, law and public policy
- Health care, biomedical and physical sciences
- Technology, startups and entrepreneurship
- Hear from alumni who graduated with liberal arts degrees about their career paths.
- Learn how to network and practice those skills with alumni.
- Engage in a “career trek” where they will visit a variety of organizations “onsite.”
Hope to see you there! (oh, and there’s free food!). So that we can order enough food, please R.S.V.P. by Monday, Nov. 2nd by sending an email to email@example.com.
Drs. Liz Wilkinson and Sal Pane
We look forward to seeing you there!