Board of Governors
The Board of Governors guides the strategic direction of the School of Engineering and assists it in accomplishing its mission. The Board utilizes its influence, both internally within the University and externally, to promote and support the engineering programs at the University of St. Thomas and to enhance the value of the engineering profession as viewed by society. Board membership consists of prominent academic, industry, and public sector leaders.
The Board of Governors performs the following functions:
Promotes the University of St. Thomas reputation as an outstanding School of Engineering.
Facilitates the acquisition of the resources necessary to develop and maintain a world-class engineering program at University of St. Thomas.
Provides guidance in the formation of an engineering education responsive to the demands of contemporary society that advocates ethical and principled behavior.
Guides the University of St. Thomas School of Engineering in dealing with critical contemporary issues.
Creates a forum for critical thought, analysis and knowledge on ethical, resource sustaining engineering in a societal context.
Attracts additional Board of Governors members who can leverage achievement of the Board’s objectives.
Board of Governors Members
- Chip Emery - University of St. Thomas BOG Chairman - CEO MTS (Retired)
- Cliff Anderson, President, Crown Iron Works Company (Retired)
- Marc Bumbargner, VP & GM, Emerson Automation Solutions
- Kris Burhardt, Partner, Clotho & Associates
- Kyle Carpenter, MacPhail Center for Music
- Sam Claassen, President/CEO, Short Elliott Hendrickson Inc.
- Steve DiMarco, Executive V.P./General Manager - Tolomatic
- Phil Ebeling, Abbott/St. Jude Medical - VP & Chief Technology Officer
- Rich Farrell, CEO, Nextern Medical
- Steve Kelly, Commissioner of Commerce, MN Department of Commerce
- Katy Kolbeck, President & CEO (Retired), Dunham Associates
- Rick Krueger, Director of Government Affairs, Global Transportation Technologies, Inc (GTT)
- C. McKenzie (Mac) Lewis III, Founder and Partner, Sherpa Partners - Field Solutions, Inc
- Kerry Marusich, CEO, Third Wave Systems
- Bhabani Misra, Associate Dean - School of Engineering, University of St. Thomas
- Kevin Nicholson, President, Mate Precision Tooling
- Gary Obermiller, Operating Partner, Mill City Capital
- John Povolny - University of St. Thomas, Vice President 3M (Retired)
- Sheila Peyraud, VP & Chief Technology Officer, Donaldson Company Inc.
- Jill Reilly, President, ELM Consultants, LLC
- Mark Schumacher, President & CEO, Mocon-Ametek
- Mike Schrock, President & COO (Retired), Oak Hill Capital
- Eivind Stenersen, VP of Technology, Lube-Tech
- Mike Thyken, Chief Technology Officer, Caring Bridge
- Jim Weglewski, VP - Corporate Quality, Sustainability & Facilities, Anderson Corporation
- Don Weinkauf, Dean - School of Engineering, University of St. Thomas
*updated April 4th, 2019