Off Campus Student Poll Locations

Off-campus students can find their polling location using the official polling place finder on the Minnesota Secretary of State Office Website.

Proof of Residence for Same Day Registration and Voting

You will be required to show one of the following items to demonstrate proof of residence:

  • ID with current name and address
    • Valid Minnesota driver’s license, learner’s permit or ID; or a receipt for any of these.
    • Tribal ID with name, address, photo and signature.
  • Photo ID AND a document with your current name and address
    • Approved photo ID (choose one / the ID can be expired)
      • Driver's license, state ID or learner’s permit issued by any state
      • U.S. Passport
      • U.S. Military or Veteran ID
      • Tribal ID with name, signature and photo
      • Minnesota university, college or technical college ID
      • Minnesota high school ID
    • Approved documents (choose one / can be shown on electronic device)
      • Bill, account or start-of-service statement due or dated within 30 days of the election for:
        • Phone, TV or internet
        • Solid waste, sewer, electric, gas or water
        • Banking or credit card
        • Rent or mortgage
      • Residential lease or rent agreement valid through Election Day
      • Current student fee statement
  • Registered voter who can confirm your address
    • A registered voter from your precinct can go with you to the polling place to sign an oath confirming your address. This is known as 'vouching.' A registered voter can vouch for up to eight voters. You cannot vouch for others if someone vouched for you.