As the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to have an increased impact in the St. Thomas community and throughout the nation, we are here to serve you and wanted to share with you the steps we're taking at your Credit Union to keep our members and staff healthy during this outbreak.
What we are doing
- Our employees are closely monitoring information from local, state and federal health officials to ensure that we are acting consistently with recommendations and guidelines from those agencies.
- We are also ensuring our employees have the information they need to stay healthy and that they stay home if they are not feeling well. If wait times increase slightly as we strive to ensure everyone's health, we apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience.
- We are increasing the frequency with which we disinfect surfaces, apply hand sanitizer and wash our hands. We may not be shaking hands to greet you during this outbreak, but we are still here to provide the same friendly service.
- The St. Thomas Employee Federal Credit Union is open and are operating on normal business hours. If this should change for any reason, we will let you know via our website and social media.
- We are committed to helping members experiencing hardships due to the coronavirus outbreak. Call us at 651-962-6660 to speak with us.
What you can do
- Watch for updated information from the Centers for Disease Control (gov) and https://www.stthomas.edu/healthservices/coronavirus
Our hearts are with all who have been affected by this illness. The health and safety of our members and employees is our top priority, and we will continue to monitor this ever-changing public health situation. Our Board of Directors and Management Team are ready to ensure our service to you is uninterrupted and remains at the highest level possible.
Thank you for your membership and stay healthy out there!
You are eligible to receive a free credit report each year from the 3 major credit bureaus. If you request a report every 4 months from 1 of the 3, you will be able to cover yourself for each year. Click on this link for the free credit reports.
St. Thomas Employee Federal Credit Union
Members with a credit score of 700 and higher will be eligible to borrow up to $8,000 for 6 years. Members with a credit score of 700 - 799 will receive a rate of 8% up to 6 years and members with a credit score of 800 and higher will receive a rate of 6% up to 6 years.
Members that currently hold a high beacon signature loan can re-finance their loan up to $8,000.
We now offer our credit union members the option of receiving their quarterly statements e-mailed at the start of the new quarter. Statements are archived for 18 months for your convenience. To sign up for this free service, go to http://www.stthomas.edu/creditunion and on the left side of the menu is the EZstatement link to take you to the page. You will need to have your 5 digit member number which is printed on your most recent statement. Questions, please call 651-962-6660 .
Check out our NEW car loan rates that we offer to our members. We are very competitive, and in many cases can match or beat rates offered at dealerships and banks. All loans are based upon a member's credit score. Call us at 651-962-6660 or e-mail us at Creditunion@stthomas.edu
Everyone hits a bump in the road of life and sometimes find that you need some extra help. If you find yourself with unexpected expenses, medical bills, a special family event and you need some extra cash, check out our signature loan program. We have great rates which are very competitive verses credit card monthly rates and excellent customer service. Call or stop by and let us know if we can help!
Your savings federally insured to at least $250,000 and backed by the full faith and credit of the United States Government
The St. Thomas Employee Federal Credit Union now offers our members the option of receiving their quarterly statements via e-mail. At the end of each quarter, you will receive an e-mail informing you that your statement is now available online. You can login and view and print your statement. Previous statements will be archived for future use.
Please click on the link below to enroll in this service: