Mar 24: Campus Services Update
Dear students, faculty and staff:
Please see below for updates regarding campus services during our period of reduced operations.
Changes to Mail Service
Mail will no longer be delivered directly to individual departments. Please see below for mail pick-up instructions, effective tomorrow (Wednesday, March 25):
St. Paul Campus
All St. Paul campus departments can pick up their mail from the Murray-Herrick Campus Center’s (MHC) lower-level mail room. The MHC mail room will be open daily from 12 p.m. – 3 p.m.
All Minneapolis campus departments can pick up their mail from the Campus Store daily from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Campus Shuttle Service Ends Tonight
Today is also the final day to use the campus shuttle service. Service will run through 11:10 p.m. tonight and will then be suspended until further notice.
As communicated yesterday, all community members who remain on campus will need to use their St. Thomas identification cards to access buildings starting Wednesday.
- Please note that faculty and staff members should have access to their office buildings with their ID cards. Any employee experiencing card issues can contact Public Safety at 651‐962‐
- Any employees who require special access to specific buildings that are not their office buildings should submit a request to Public Safety using this link.
- Please note: The Center for Well-Being will remain open, although the front door will be locked for security reasons. All students, faculty and staff are required to call for an appointment before coming into the building (651-962-6750). Online and walk in appointments are currently not available. When you call, you will be advised as to whether you need an appointment and if the appointment will be in-person, by phone, or a virtual visit.
- Students remaining on campus after Wednesday will continue to have access to their residence halls and the Anderson Student Center (ASC) to receive meals (see below for more details).
- The Anderson Student Center (ASC) hours of operation will be 8:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Meals Available at T’s
Starting Wednesday, T’s will be open from 9 a.m. - 2 p.m. for meal service. Students can be served hot breakfast and lunch, as well as pre-packaged takeout meals for dinner. Please note: All students will be required to eat in their residence hall rooms.
The campus switchboard will be open daily from 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. with live operators available. Callers can leave voicemails outside of regular hours.
Starting tomorrow, the Facilities Management team will support campus operations with a reduced staffing level. Building service workers will temporarily stop cleaning and removing waste/recycling from private offices, cubicles and department suites until we return to normal business operations. If you are using these types of spaces after March 25, please place your waste and recycling into a hallway/public space receptacle for the building service workers to collect. This will allow our reduced on-campus staff to continue to prioritize cleaning, sanitizing, disinfecting and managing appropriate essential services.
Before leaving campus, please consider doing the following around your work areas:
- Clean out any refrigerators and remove stored food.
- Unplug or shut off electric appliances or other items that will not be used for an extended period.
- Remove any plants that will not be cared for.
- Tidy up offices so things are orderly when you return.
- Check any operable windows in your area to make sure they are closed and secured.
We also plan to aggressively pursue energy conservation during this period of reduced operations. To achieve this, mechanical systems in some buildings will be operating outside their normal schedule and temperature range. Facility and staff that are will be working on campus should dress appropriately to accommodate for the wider temperature range.
Thank you for your attention.
Vice President for Business Affairs and Chief Financial Officer
Karen M. Lange
Vice President for Student Affairs