CARES Act Fund Reporting
The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act signed into law March 28, 2020, provides almost $14 billion that will go directly to higher education institutions to support the costs of shifting classes online, grants to students for food, housing, technology, and other purposes.
St. Thomas has received $2.5 million from the CARES Act for student aid and we have focused on granting the money to students in both our undergraduate and graduate programs, including incoming students. Additional details:
- 30-day St. Thomas CARES Funding Report
- 45-day St. Thomas CARES Funding Report
- 90-day St. Thomas CARES Funding Report
- January 10, 2021, St. Thomas CARES Funding Report
- April 8, 2021 St. Thomas CARES Funding Report- FINAL REPORT
St. Thomas received an additional $2.5 million from the CARES Act for institutional aid. These funds were used to provide prorated room and board refunds to students in Spring 2020 when campus was closed due to COVID-19.