Let's Talk is a free and confidential service meant to provide students with consultation and support. Students are able to meet with professional staff from Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) for quick, 10-15 minute consultations. Appointments are first-come, first-served. The counselor will listen closely to your concerns and provide support, perspective, and suggestions for resources.
Let's Talk is Not Counseling.
- Let's Talk is not a replacement for ongoing counseling or for students in crisis. Let's Talk is a drop-in service where students can have an informal consultation with a counselor.
Let’s Talk is a Good Fit for:
- Students who have questions about counseling and what it's like to be in counseling.
- Students who are not interested in ongoing counseling but would like the perspective of a counselor.
- Students who have a specific problem and would like to review options for that problem.
- Students who have a concern about a friend and want ideas about how to help that friend.
Some reasons to stop by: Stress—academic problems—anxiety—relationships—adjustment to new culture—family problems—depression—financial difficulties—other concerns.
When & Where:
- Tuesdays from 1-2pm in ASC 224 (All Students Welcome)
- Thursdays from 11:30am-12:30pm in the Library, 3rd Floor (All Students Welcome)
Let’s Talk at the University of St Thomas is based on the Let’s Talk Program at Cornell University. With permission, some of the material from this website has been adapted or reproduced from the Cornell University Let’s Talk website.