Journal vouchers are used to make adjustments or corrections to cash receipts, cash disbursements or other accounting entries; for example, it could be used to correct an index code used to record a cash disbursement.
The journal voucher system will do the following:
- Provide departments the ability to submit journal vouchers.
- Create an approval process based on the established approval queues already set up within Banner.
- Validate journal entries before they are submitted for approval.
- Generate e-mail messages when vouchers are ready for approval, disapproved by approvers, or submitted to Banner.
- Keep an electronic record of all journal vouchers submitted by an individual, including the reason for the journal voucher and any supporting documentation.
Step by Step Instructions: