How Can We Assist You?
Faculty Instructors, we can help you get your community-engaged course started by:
- assisting you in finding a Community Partner & fostering a strong, mutually beneficial working relationship;
- marketing your course to students before course registration begins;
- visiting your class before your students engage off-campus, to introduce them to ethical engagement, collect liability forms, etc;
- connecting you to the vast and expanding network of community engagement scholars, practitioners, & resources, including the latest research on engaged pedagogies, best practices, etc.
With some prompting, we can also help arrange/provide funding for:
- student transportation to & from an off-campus engagement site;
- guest speaker honoraria & parking vouchers;
- room reservations, catering, & tech support for an engaged event;
- printing course materials & deliverables.