As part of the University of St. Thomas Opus College of Business, the Center for Health & Medical Affairs promotes the achievement of excellence in the health care delivery system throughout the Midwest and the nation.
For more than 20 years the CHMA has supported the improvement in the leadership and management of health care systems through research, community outreach and the collaborative development of innovative professional and executive education programs.
The center’s work focuses on:
- Creating and developing health care leadership and management programs for both professional development and graduate degree programs
- Designing organizational development and improvement programs for clinics, hospitals and integrated delivery systems
- Providing a neutral forum to convene health care professionals to share best practices
- Conducting research focused on health care leadership and operations management
- Developing mechanisms to transfer leading edge general business practices to health care delivery
The center conducts many activities to support the delivery of high performance health care. A high performing health care system will have outstanding clinical quality, low costs and be trusted and engaged by its patients.
The work of CHMA is focused on supporting improvements in the leadership and management of health care professionals and systems through education and research.