Family Business Breakfast Series
Friday, May 4, 2018
Among listings of a family business’s primary goals is often a successful transition of ownership to future generations, as 88% of family business owners believe the same family or families will control their business in five years. Unfortunately, they’re most often wrong.
- 30% of family and businesses survive into the second generation
- 12% are still viable into the third generation
- 3% operate into the fourth generation or beyond
Whether you’ve been planning for succession in your business for years or are just starting to consider passing it to the next generation, the list of decisions you need to make can feel overwhelming. Learn from local, successful family business who’ve made the transition to the next generation. Panelists will share
- how their estate planning has evolved and impacted the family business
- the process they went through in determining and developing the next generation leaders
- how they established their decision-making process, and who was involved
First-time attendees are invited to join us for breakfast as our guest to see if it meets the needs of your family. Regular registration for one breakfast is $200 per family or sign on for the whole season (seven breakfasts) for $1,000.
Friday, May 4, 7:30 a.m.
A note to family business advisors: The breakfast series is restricted to members of family businesses.