Family Business Breakfast Series
Friday, March 2, 2018
As a family business, outside advisers can be a huge help. Whether it’s a simple conversation with your accountant, drafting legal documents with an attorney or holding quarterly meetings with advisers from different industries, the support and knowledge of outsiders can set you up for future success.
But, are you getting as much knowledge and expertise as you should from your advisers? How can you build good relationships to obtain the best information? What advice do advisors have for best using their talents? For this breakfast series event, we’ll learn from family business advisers, representing four different industries, discuss:
- How to best use advisers as the business evolves
- Creating a cohesive team of advisers
- Asking the right questions that get you the best advice
- Managing communications with multiple stakeholders
- Setting expectations for a working relationship
- Choosing the right advisers for your family and business
Learn how to best use your advisers to help set up the family and business for the long run.
- Samantha Metcalf, CliftonLarsenAllen LLP
- Margaret Cronin, Bridgeview Legal Advisors
- Keith Moeller, Northwestern Mutual
- Justin Anderson, JSA Advising
Moderated by Dr. Ritch Sorenson, Opus Endowed Chair in Family Business
First-time attendees are invited to join us for breakfast as our guest to see if it meets the needs of your family. Regular registration for one breakfast is $200 per family or sign on for the whole season (seven breakfasts) for $1,000.
Friday, March 2, 7:30 a.m.
A note to family business advisors: The breakfast series is restricted to members of family businesses.