Accreditation and Memberships
The University of St. Thomas is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (www.HLCommission.org) 312-263-0456) and the Association of Theological Schools (412-788-6505).
All University of St. Thomas education licensure programs within the School of Education are approved by the Minnesota Board of Teaching (651-582-8739) and education administration licensure programs are approved by the Minnesota Board of School Administrators (651-582-8754).
The Opus College of Business is accredited by The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (813-769-6500); programs in chemistry are approved by the American Chemical Society (800-227-5558); the mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, and manufacturing systems engineering programs in the School of Engineering are accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, 111 Market Place, Suite 1050, Baltimore, MD 21202-4012, (410) 347-7700; the School of Law is accredited by the American Bar Association (202-662-1000); the music programs are approved by the National Association of Schools of Music (703-437-0700); the doctoral program in the Graduate School of Professional Psychology is accredited by the American Psychological Association (202-336-5979); the Social Work program is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (703-683-8080); the School of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) (202-296-6620)..
The university is a member of the:
- American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education
- American Council on Education
- Associated Colleges of the Twin Cities
- Association of American Colleges and Universities
- Association of Catholic Colleges and Universities
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business
- Council on Undergraduate Research
- Institute of International Education
- International Federation of Catholic Universities
- Minnesota Private College Council
- National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities
- National Catholic Educational Association
The University of St. Thomas is registered as a private institution with the Minnesota Office of Higher Education pursuant to sections 136A.61 to 136A.71. Registration is not an endorsement of the institution. Credits earned at the institution may not transfer to all other institutions.