The On-Campus Interviewing (OCI) program brings various employers to campus to hire a Tommie during the Fall and the Spring Semester. It is an excellent opportunity for students to secure an internship or a full time job offer.
- Due to the COVID-19 virus, all on-campus interviews will be conducted online through the employer’s virtual interview platform.
- The TommieCareers system (Job Listings) contains OCI positions, and they are marked with an orange label, “Campus Interview.”
- Students will need to upload a current version of their resume. IMPORTANT: Follow ALL application instructions; Many employers will also require that students complete an application online through their company’s Careers website.
- Students invited to a first-round interview will receive an Email with instructions and a link/URL to the interviewing platform of the employer’s choosing. (In advance, you may wish to set up a variety of programs on your computer, such as WebEx, Citrix GoToMeetings.)
- NOTE: Several large public accounting firms (and potentially other employers) may forego this On-Campus Interview program process and will only post their positions to the regular TommieCareers -Job Listings.
Employers conduct on-campus first-round interviews for summer internships and full-time jobs. All interviews take place at the Career Development Center suite, MHC 123.
- This program runs during both Fall and Spring Semester with the majority of interviews taking place in the Fall semester.
- Fall - Late September to Early November
- Spring - Late February to Early April
- Students selected for on-campus interviews may be identified as finalist candidates and invited to final rounds of interviews at the company site.
- Summer Internships - All internships are paid. Accounting students will find busy season (tax season : January – April) internships here.
- Full-Time Jobs - These are available for graduating Seniors.
- Applicants must be on track to obtain an undergraduate (bachelor’s degree) from the University of St. Thomas.
- Most internships require Junior class standing at the time of the internship. Many employers will allow Sophomores to apply. If graduating the December after the summer, Seniors may be eligible for some internships, as well.
- Employers with IT-related internships and jobs will be open to M.S. students in our Software Engineering Program.
- Some employers have minimum GPA standards to qualify for an interview; specifics will be noted within position descriptions.
1. Interest in working for a larger corporation
2. Identify Careers and/or Industries of Interest - The Career Development Center offers individual appointments to help students.
4. Complete the "My Account" section in TommieCareers - Under the "Emails & Notifications" tab, uou must have “Other Messages from our Team” checked in order to receive email communications from Career staff and Employers!
1. Complete Orientation to On-campus Interviewing (OCI)
Students can choose to do either the Live seminar or the online seminar for the orientation.
- Live Seminar - Attend a Live session by Career staff to learn and prepare for the program. After attending the seminar, students are granted access to the OCI module within TommieCareers and will be able to apply for the positions.
- Online Seminar - Take an online course on Blackboard and pass the online quiz to obtain access to OCI module within TommieCareers to be able to apply for the positions.
The students will receive an email confirmation receipt with an instruction manual on successful completion of Blackboard or Live orienatation. You must allow at least 1 business day to process the registrations before being given access to job postings.
St. Thomas students and eligible alumni can click on the below button to get detailed information on how to get started. You may be asked to provide St. Thomas username and password to view the content on One Stthomas website.