Resources for Faculty & Staff
Excellent partnerships exist between faculty and the Career Development staff who are regularly invited into classrooms for career related presentations. Student clubs and organizations also sponsor many career related activities annually and rely on the center for consultation. Approximately 4,000 students in a variety of different clubs and majors are reached annually through group consultations. To schedule a visit or presentation contact us either by phone (651) 962-6761 or through our Presentation Request Form.
Advising: Resources for Students
Use the links below to help guide and advise your students. If you think a student may benefit by meeting individually with one of our career specialists feel free to refer him or her to us.
- Student Academic/Career Timeline
- Self Assessment
- Major and Career and Exploration
- Job and Internship Search Strategies
- Company Research
- Resumes, Cover Letters and Thank You Notes
- Salary and Negotiating Offers
- Graduate/Continuing Education
In the Classroom
Below are some resources perfect for use in the classroom. Make a request if you would like a career staff member make a presentation to your class.
Resources for Faculty
- Faculty Guide to Ethical and Legal Standards in Student Hiring (NACEWeb)
- Legal issues regarding faculty referrals
- Writing Letters of Recommendation (Berkeley Career Center)
- Tips for Providing References (NACEWeb)
- Sample Reference Letter for Faculty (NACEWeb)
Do You Have Contact With Employers?
Refer employers to our Employer Services. They will find information on resume books, posting a job or internship and other services we provide.
UST Alumni Profiles on LinkedIn
Using LinkedIn students can easily see the places where alumni work and live, what they studied while at St. Thomas, and more. The UST First Destinations Survey also contain information about recent alumni.