About Our Students
The University of St. Thomas is Minnesota's largest independent college or university.
- Overall Enrollment: 9,978 total — 6,199 undergraduate and 3,679 graduate. (Fall 2017)
- Coeducational: 49.1% women, 50.9% men.
- Students of color: 14.9% of undergraduates and 20.1% percent of the graduate student population
- International Students: 564 students from 65 countries
- Just under 40% enrolled in a business major (Fall 2016)
- 68% of students had an internship experience before graduating as reported the 2016 First Destination Survey
- Academic Divisions (with undergraduate level programs): College of Arts and Science, College of Education, Leadership and Counseling, Opus College of Business, School of Engineering, School of Social Work
- Undergraduate students at St. Thomas study in more than 90 major fields, 60 minors, and several pre-professional programs
- Undergraduate degrees include bachelor of arts, bachelor of science, bachelor of music, bachelor of science in mechanical engineering or a bachelor of science in electrical engineering
- More than half of St. Thomas students study abroad.
- Campuses: Saint Paul (main campus), Minneapolis (downtown), Rome, Italy.
- Accreditations: AACSB, ABET
Most Popular Majors by Enrollment (Fall 2017)
For a complete listing of majors visit www.stthomas.edu/academics.
- Mechanical Engineering (936)
- Psychology (694)
- Biology (includes pre-med) (579)
- Management (562)
- Finance (477)
- Marketing (468)
- Entrepreneurship (425)
- Health and Human Performance (416)
- Communication & Journalism (355)
- Accounting (321)
First Destination Survey
The Career Development Center annually collects data on undergraduate alumni one year after graduation. The survey reports salary ranges, employment activity, as well as plans for graduate school. This report is available online in summary form and. Upon request, a complete hard copy may be sent to those interested. Visit the First Destination Survey website for more information.