How to submit your photo online:
Step 1 - Photo Requirements
Before submitting your photo, look over the ID Photo Requirements. Your photo will be rejected if your photo doesn't follow the requirements.
Step 2 - Log In
Log into cardcenter.stthomas.edu with your St. Thomas username and password on your phone or computer.
*Note: Your St. Thomas username is your St. Thomas email address without the "@stthomas.edu." If your email is firstname.lastname@example.org, your username is tomm1885.
- Select “Submit ID Photo”
- Click the "Upload Photo" button
- If you're using your phone, you have 2 options to upload a photo; if you're on a computer, you only have the 2nd option:
- Take Photo - allows you to take a photo with your phone right now. Take the photo and choose "Use Photo."
- Photo library - allows you to search your phone or computer for a saved photo. Once you select the photo, click "Done."
- This will bring up the Crop & Confirm screen. You can rotate your photo and crop it, if needed. To crop, just drag one finger (or click & drag your mouse) across the photo to create the crop box. Use one finger (or mouse) to move the box as needed. If you're not happy with box you created, simply touch & drag on the photo again. If you decide you don't want to use the crop box, click outside the box and it will disappear. When you're satisfied, click the "Submit" button. The system will show you the photo and ask if you want to submit it for approval - click "Submit" again. Your photo has now been submitted!
Step 3 - Email Reply
Once the Tommie Card Office staff has reviewed your photo, you will receive one of the following emails:
- Approval Email - letting you know your photo was approved.
- Rejection Email - telling you your photo was rejected and the reason it was rejected. Feel free to call the Card Office if you have any questions about the reason your photo was rejected.
Step 4 - Resubmit Photo
If you received the rejection email, look over the photo requirements again, log back into cardcenter.stthomas.edu, and submit a new photo.
Step 5 - Pick Up Tommie Card
Incoming Freshman will receive their Tommie Card and enroll in WaveID with their group during orientation. Freshman who signed up for the virtual orientation session will need to stop by the Card Office to pick up their Tommie Card and enroll in WaveID.
All other new students starting in the Fall can pick up their Tommie Card during normal business hours (Monday through Friday 8:30 am - 4:00 pm) anytime after August 1st.
New students starting in Spring semester can pick up their Tommie Card anytime after January 1st.
Don't forget to bring a government-issued photo ID (driver's license, passport, etc) with you. Everyone is required to show their government-issued photo ID in order to pick up their Tommie Card - the only exception to this policy is during freshman orientation.
All undergraduate students are required to enroll in WaveID when they pick up their Tommie Card. See our page on WaveID for more information.