Campus Ministry is here to help and support you. Our chaplains are members of clergy and religious scholars, trained to provide spiritual care to people of all traditions, religious backgrounds, and people who don’t identify with any faith. We are Catholic, Protestant, Muslim, and Jewish.
You can reach us Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm at 651-962-6560, or by emailing us.
We have a new service called “Meet with a Chaplain” available. Sign up for either in-person or virtual appointments. Read on for more details!
If you are familiar with the program and ready to schedule your appointment, you can do so right here.
We are here for you. You can make an appointment with a particular chaplain if you want to, but do know we are all here to provide support for all students. Appointments run every 30 minutes – but you do not need to stay the whole time. You can also sign up for two appointments in a row if you need an hour.
Mon 8:30 – 11:30 am with Father Brian
Tues 8:30-11:30 am with Father Timothy
Tues 1-4 pm Rev. Medhat Yoakiem
Wed 9:00 am – noon with Rabbi Ariel
Thurs 9:00 am – noon and 1-4 pm Dr. Sadaf Shier
Fri 9:00 am – noon Father Blake
All of these times are listed in Central Time (CT) Zone
- Take a deep breath! This may feel confusing the first time, but you’ve got this!
- Select this link to be taken to our virtual scheduling system.
- Using your St. Thomas username and password: Log-in.
Note: If you sign up for a virtual/online time to meet with us, you will also need to use your St. Thomas username and password to log-in when you sign in for that appointment. This keeps your appointment secure.
When you arrive for your time with a chaplain, we will first get ourselves acquainted. The chaplain will tell you their name and how they wish to be addressed, and you can share your name and how you wish to be addressed.
We chaplains are here to listen and create a safe space for you to share and get support. We are Catholic, Protestant, Muslim, and Jewish. When you book an appointment with us, you can choose if you want to talk with someone of a particular faith, but do know we are each here for everyone on campus. We are here for you.
- When you sign up for an appointment, select Online if you want a virtual visit. We use the video conference platform called "Microsoft Teams." Teams video conference is similar to Zoom, Facetime, or Webex. You will be sent a link to join your appointment at a certain time.
- When you log into your appointment, use your St. Thomas username and password to log in.
- Please try talking once you log in, and let the chaplain know if you can hear them. If you have trouble with your microphone or speaker, the chaplain will help you.
- It is up to you if you want your camera on or not, but the chaplain will have their camera on and invite you to do that if it is supportive for you.
- If your technology does not work well, we will help you to contact the TechDesk@stthomas.edu and ask for additional help testing out your computer in the Teams video conference platform so that you have a successful appointment.
If your appointment is in-person, you will meet with a chaplain in the Iverson Center for Faith [ICF]. The ICF is adjacent to the Chapel of St. Thomas Aquinas, easily accessed through Murray Herrick [We are on the same level as the Center for Student Achievement] or the Amphitheater in the north quad.
Please go to this map to find us.
We follow the same COVID19 protocols that are practiced throughout the university: Everyone wears a mask all the time!
When you arrive, you will be greeted at the welcome desk, the chaplain will be notified, and they will come out and greet you.
On the sign-up form, please let us know if we should provide closed captioning or something else during our time together so we can plan ahead. Email Campus Ministry if you need assistance getting an appointment. Sometimes it may take us a little while to figure out an accommodation on our end. Thank you for being patient with us as we make sure we can give you the best possible support.