Requirements for International Mail & Packages
The US Postal Service has announced that all international mail (including APO and FPO) over 13 ounces and packages/envelopes that have thickness more than just paper require an electronically printed online Custom Declaration form, Form 2976, From 2976A, or APO/DPO form. Fill out the form online, download the PDF, and print out the form(s). These custom forms can be found at the US Postal Services website. If you need assistance determining which custom forms to download and complete, the website will be able to assist you. On this page two tabs will appear By Form and By Service. Select the tab By Form if you know the form you need, or select By Service if you know how you want the package sent. Neither handwritten custom forms nor packages bearing stamps can be accepted. The package must be presented with the signed, dated, and printed forms for a postage meter strip to be applied by a postal clerk.
Steps for Completing Custom Forms and Mailing you International Package
- Make sure no prohibited items are being mailed. If you are unsure, check the USPS website.
- Use the correct form as indicated above.
- Click Complete Form Online
- Fill out the Sender and Addressee fields. An "*" represents a field that must be filled before continuing.
- Click Continue. You will then see a Package Information Screen.
- Estimate the weight of each individual being mailed.
- When this form is complete, click Continue.
- To print your form click on the PDF that has been generated and a print screen will appear.
Your forms will print- sign and date each copy and submit with your envelope(s)/package(s). Prepare and address your packages. All packages require an actual label in addition to the custom form. Your package is not ready to be taken to Campus Mail Services to be weighed and metered. You may pay with cash, personal check, or use your departments university index code for official business use. (If you paid your postage with a credit card online and submitted your custom forms via Click and Ship, you may simply drop your item(s) off to be shipped with us.