Fall Leadership Institute 2018
Join us for keynote speakers, workshops, breakout sessions and opportunities to map your leadership path. You will have opportunities to connect and collaborate with other student leaders on campus. Throughout FLI, there will be opportunities for you to hear and learn from professional keynotes speakers, as well as leaders in our St. Thomas community. The day will include large group sessions, smaller breakout sessions and a fantastic evening activity (to be announced).
Topics on day two include training on developing successful events, training on 25Live, Net Catering, how to effectively market your club or events, Tommie Link, Club Budgets, finance requests and more. We will also be introducing a new service model for student clubs and organizations in collaboration with the Tommies Together Volunteer Center.
- "Met someone who worked as an interviewer and learned some great interview and resumé tips. I had heard all the standard one-liners about resumés and interviews but the alumni I spoke with really had original and helpful information."
- "The most valuable thing that I picked up was that our different experiences that have shaped our lives will also shape our communication styles. Sometimes the communication styles will not mesh but rather than getting frustrated we should work harder so understanding is achieved"
- "Learning to think critically about service and the more long term justice impacts service can have as we look to advance the common good. Service and our tagline can be something easily written off as not controversial, but it really requires that critical thinking aspect in order to truly advance the common good."
- "I loved being able to discuss different topics with other leaders on campus. It was refreshing to have an open dialogue about lots of different topics."
- "Gained insight into what it is like to transition from College to the working world"
- "I really enjoyed being able to connect with alumni and hear about their experiences at St. Thomas and how that has helped them in their lives."
- "Most valuable thing I learned from this experience was how aware we need to be as to our choice of words and how we say things."