The new St. Thomas brand is rolling out across campus, and to make the brand more accessible to students who are creating publications, the following guidelines have been established for use of the student club/organization identifier in all student-focused materials. These guidelines from University Relations are meant to allow for flexibility in student promotional materials, acknowledging the diversity and creativity of student efforts, while promoting and supporting the institution’s brand.
Using the Club/Organization Identifier
- If your club/organization has an identifier created from the St. Thomas brand, you are not required to use the above identifier.
- Clubs/organizations are allowed to create their own logo to represent their group. All logos must be approved by the Assistant Director of Campus Life before it is used.
- If your club/organization has an existing mark (i.e. STAR, BESA, Cadenza), continue using it and insert the above identifier to the lower right corner of all new materials that will be used with external audiences. If your materials will be used on campus and only for internal audiences, you are not required to use the identifier. Please read these instructions to download a copy of the identifier: Accessing Club Branding
- If your club/organization does not have an existing mark, insert the identifier to the lower right corner of all new materials that will be used off campus with external audiences.
- For an identifier created from the brand, you can contact Vern Klobassa (email@example.com).
- This identifier should be approximately 10 percent of the document’s height or width, whichever is longer; the identifier should never appear smaller than 1.25”.
Designing with the organization identifier
- The identifier has a buffer built into the mark to maintain a clearance space from other design elements or type. Any use of the identifier must maintain that clearance space.
- To import the file into your design software, save the file to your desktop and import it into your document. Do not open the mark's file and try to copy/paste or use a screen capture.
- The institutional logo, wordmark and supplemental shields are not to be used on club/organization materials.
Personalizing the student identifier
The brand toolkit provides direction on how the identifier can be personalized for your club. Any other proposed modification needs to be reviewed by Student Affairs leadership and University Relations. Clubs/organizations interested in having a personalizing logo, different from the club identifier, must have the logo clear by the Assistant Director of Campus Life before the logo is used.