The new St. Thomas brand is rolling out across campus, and to make the brand more accessible to students who are creating publications, the following guidelines have been established for use of the student club/organization identifier in all student-focused materials. These guidelines from University Relations are meant to allow for flexibility in student promotional materials, acknowledging the diversity and creativity of student efforts, while promoting and supporting the institution’s brand.
Using the club/organization identifier
- If your club/organization has an identifier created from the new brand, you are not required to use the above identifier.
- If your club/organization has an existing mark (i.e., STAR, BESA), continue using it and insert the above identifier to the lower right corner of all new materials. Please read these instructions to download a copy of the identifier: Accessing Club Branding.
- If your club/organization does not have an existing mark, you still must insert the identifier to the lower right corner of all new materials. For an identifier created from the new brand, you can contact Campus Life (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
Designing with the organization identifier
- This identifier should be approximately 10 percent of the document’s height or width, whichever is longer; the identifier should never appear smaller than 1.25”.
- The attached identifier has a buffer built into the mark to maintain a clearance space from other design elements or type.
- To import the file into your design software, save the file to your desktop and import it into your document. Do not open the mark's file and try to copy/paste or use a screen capture.
- The institutional logo, wordmark and supplemental shields are not to be used on club/organization materials.