Academics & Curriculum
The Flex MBA curriculum consists of half required coursework and half elective coursework.
Today’s workplace requires adaptable, dynamic decision-makers at all levels. Employers in a variety of industries value those who can balance a thorough understanding of business fundamentals with principled leadership, critical thinking skills and ethical decision-making.
The Part-time Flex MBA curriculum has been designed to meet these needs. In the classroom, MBA faculty provide you with a hands-on learning experience consisting of group projects, case studies, simulations, guest speakers and practical exercises.
When you complete your MBA, you will know how to approach key business challenges and develop effective solutions.
Half of the Part-time Flex MBA curriculum, or 11 courses (22.5 credits), are core requirements, to provide a solid business foundation on which to build your studies.
The other half of the curriculum, or 22.5 credits, comprises between 8 and 15 elective courses of your choosing. Certain core and elective courses are offered in full-semester (3-credit) or half-semester (1.5 credit) formats.
The core classes provide you with a broad, solid foundation of business knowledge in key disciplines and functions.
- Leading Self & Others (MGMT 603)
- Business Ethics Foundations (BETH 625)
- Competitive Strategy (MGMT 625)
- Innovation & Entrepreneurial Thinking (ENTR 625)
- Legal Strategy (BLAW 625)
- Operations Strategy (OPMT 625)
- Financial Accounting (ACCT 601)
- Financial Management (FINC 600)
- Managerial Economics (GBEC 625)
- Marketing Frameworks (MKTG 625)
- Statistical Methods for Decision Making (OPMT600)