International applicants to the UST MSA program must provide these items no later than December 15 for consideration for the following summer start.
Qualified applicants will have completed the following, or equivalent, coursework in U.S. GAAP prior to their start of the MSA program:
- Intermediate Accounting I & II
- Corporate Tax
- Cost Accounting
- Advanced Accounting
- Financial Management
- Accounting Information Systems
- Business Law
Access the online application form to set up your account and complete your application. The application can be completed in a single session or over the course of many days or weeks. The more information you have at the ready (résumé, letters of recommendation), the faster it will be to complete your application.
Letters of recommendation are requested through the online application. At least one of these recommendations must be from an accounting professor. Recommenders have the option to submit a letter covering the areas listed below, or to fill out our Recommendation Form. The Recommendation Form will address the following topics regarding your application to the program:
- Their relationship to you and length of time they have known you
- Their impression of your ability to succeed in a graduate business program
- Your outstanding characteristics and areas where you need to grow or develop
- Your present impact on your organization or business
- How graduate study would influence your professional growth
In order to complete your online application, you'll need to upload your résumé. Be prepared by having your résumé completed and ready to upload.
You'll also need to have your personal statement completed and ready to upload in order to submit your online application.
We require a bachelor’s degree in accounting (or an equivalent course of study*) from a regionally accredited U.S. institution (or the international equivalent). Original transcripts are required from all undergraduate and graduate institutions you have attended, sent directly from the institution.
If your institution offers electronic transcripts, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Paper transcripts must be submitted in sealed envelopes and signed by the appropriate university official. These can be sent to:
University of St. Thomas
Graduate Admissions & Reporting
1000 LaSalle Ave., Box 5
Minneapolis, MN 55403-2005
Transcripts for advanced placement courses and study abroad transfer credits are not required. It is not necessary to submit a transcript for any coursework at the University of St. Thomas.
*Equivalent coursework includes all of the following upper-level courses: an intermediate accounting sequence of courses, auditing, corporate income tax, cost accounting, advanced accounting, accounting information systems, business law and financial management.
Academic credentials: Transcript, diploma, English translation
We require applicants’ credentials to be at least the equivalent to a four-year bachelor’s degree from a regionally-accredited U.S. institution. If you completed your undergraduate or graduate work at a college or university outside of the United States, you must complete a transcript evaluation. There are two options available to applicants in need of a transcript evaluation.
- Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE) is an independent transcript evaluation service that the Opus College of Business accepts for international transcript evaluation. If you choose to have ECE do your evaluation, you will receive a copy of the evaluation. To use ECE, visit their website and choose the “Start Your Evaluation” and the “Course-by-Course Evaluation Report” option.
- Alternatively, St. Thomas can provide transcript evaluation for a fee of $100. If you choose to have St. Thomas do your evaluation, you will not receive a copy of your evaluation. To use St. Thomas, fill out our online form to sign up and pay for your evaluation.
If you already have a transcript evaluation, or would prefer to have it completed on your own, please contact the admissions office at email@example.com or (651) 962-4110 to ensure that the evaluation service you use is accepted by our university.
Before you begin the exam, select the UST MS in Accountancy Degree program to receive a score report. Our code is B7L-4N-20. Current St. Thomas undergraduate accounting majors may request a waiver of this requirement.
If English is not your native language, you must submit scores from either the TOEFL or the IELTS. Our institutional code is 6110. Official score reports (not photocopies) are required. Please keep in mind that scores may take 4 to 6 weeks to arrive in our office. Test scores must be current within two years.
- IELTS: minimum overall band score of 7.0, with a minimum score of 6.5 on each of the four sections.
- TOEFL iBT: 22 for Listening, 22 for Reading, 26 for Speaking and 24 for Writing.
Upon submitting your application, you will be asked to pay by credit card or check.