To apply for admission, please complete and submit all required parts of the application.
It is not necessary to send the entire package at once; you may submit items as you complete them. When your application is complete, you will be contacted by the admissions manager.
Generally an admission decision is communicated to the applicant two weeks following the admission interview.
Access the online application form to set up your account and complete your application. The application can be completed in a single session or over the course of many days or weeks. The more information you have at the ready (résumé, letters of recommendation), the faster it will be to complete your application.
In order for your online application to be complete, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We require three 500 word essays as a part of your application.
We require a bachelor’s degree in any subject from a regionally accredited U.S. institution (or the international equivalent). Original transcripts are required from all undergraduate and graduate institutions you have attended, sent directly from the institution.
If your institution offers electronic transcripts, please send them to email@example.com. Paper transcripts must be submitted in sealed envelopes and signed by the appropriate university official. These can be sent to:
University of St. Thomas
Graduate Records - Admissions
1000 LaSalle Ave., Box 5
Minneapolis, MN 55403-2005
International Applicants: See transcript evaluation requirements listed in the international checklist.
Exception: Transcripts for advanced placement courses and study abroad transfer credits are not required.
Letters of recommendation are requested through the online application. Recommenders have the option to submit a letter covering the areas listed below, or to fill out our Recommendation Form. The Recommendation Form will address the following topics regarding your application to the program:
- Their relationship to you and length of time they have known you
- Their impression of your ability to succeed in a graduate business program
- Your outstanding characteristics and areas where you need to grow or develop
- Your present impact on your organization or business
- How graduate study would influence your professional growth
Upon submitting your application, you will be asked to pay by credit card or check.
The admissions committee will contact qualified applicants to schedule an admission interview once their application is complete. The admissions committee will schedule telephone interviews with applicants from outside the local area who are unable to visit campus.
Additional Items for Applicants with International Transcripts
English Proficiency Tests
If English is not your native language, you must submit scores from either the TOEFL or the IELTS. Our institutional code is 6110. Official score reports (not photocopies) are required. Please keep in mind that scores may take 4 to 6 weeks to arrive in our office.
- IELTS: minimum overall band score of 8.0, with a minimum score of 7.0 on each of the four sections.
- TOEFL iBT (Internet-based test): minimum total score of 100, with a minimum score of 24 on each of the four sections.
If you have completed an undergraduate or graduate degree at an accredited college or university in the U.S., Canada, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia or New Zealand, you are exempt from taking an English proficiency test.
Academic credentials: Transcript, diploma, English translation
We require applicants’ credentials to be at least the equivalent to a four-year bachelor’s degree from a regionally-accredited U.S. institution. If you completed your undergraduate or graduate work at a college or university outside of the United States, you must complete a transcript evaluation. There are three options available to applicants in need of a transcript evaluation.
- Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE) or World Education Services (WES) are independent transcript evaluation services that the Opus College of Business accepts for international transcript evaluation. If you choose to have ECE or WES do your evaluation, you will receive a copy of the evaluation. To use ECE or WES, visit their website and choose the “Start Your Evaluation” option.
If you already have a transcript evaluation, or would prefer to have it completed on your own, please contact the admissions office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (651) 962-8800 to ensure that the evaluation service you use is accepted by our university.