Acquiring an MBA at St. Thomas is a wise investment.
We recognize the investment and opportunity cost in committing to a full-time program of study and have a variety of scholarship opportunities available to qualified Full-time MBA program applicants. Over 90% of our admitted students receive some form of scholarship. Amounts will vary based on the strength of your overall application.
Studies have shown that money spent on education is one of the most powerful measures of future success, and the ROI of a St. Thomas MBA is a rich combination of knowledge, connections and career-building.
How a Dean’s scholarship could impact your program cost:
|Tuition per semester:||$23,590||$16,923||$6,923|
|Technology Fee per semester:||$116||$116||$116|
|Student Association Fee per semester:||$200||$200||$200|
|Estimated Books and Supplies per semester:||$1,250||$1,250||$1,250|
|Estimated Semester Cost:||$25,156||$18,489||$8,489|
|Estimated one-time global experience Cost:||$3,500||$3,500||$3,500|
|Total estimated program Cost:||$78,967||$58,967||$28,967|
Over 90% of students who are admitted to the Full-time Flex MBA program receive a scholarship. Our average student profile is listed below. If you have additional questions on how scholarships are determined, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Average undergraduate GPA: 3.2
- Average GMAT score: 561
- Average years of work experience: 5
- Men: 56%
- Average age: 28
- Domestic diversity: 22%
- International Students: 19%
- Scholarship Recipients: over 90%
The admissions committee automatically considers all applicants to this program for Dean’s Scholarships. Awards range from partial to full tuition, and admitted students who have been selected for a Dean’s Scholarship will receive an award letter in their admission packet.
Dean’s Scholarships are awarded to top candidates who will be outstanding contributors to the program. The admissions committee takes into account a wide variety of factors when awarding Dean’s Scholarships, including:
- Work experience
- Academic record
- GMAT score
- Admission interview
Priority consideration for Dean’s Scholarships is given to applicants who apply by February 15, and the final application deadline for Dean’s Scholarship consideration is April 15.
Full-tuition scholarships are awarded to top applicants who demonstrate an outstanding record of academic and professional achievement.
Strong candidates will have the following characteristics:
- Three or more years of full-time work experience after graduating from college
- GMAT score above 700
- Strong undergraduate academic record
- Excellent communication skills and leadership potential
Priority consideration for Opus Scholars is given to applicants who apply by February 15, and the final application deadline for Opus Scholar consideration is April 15.
Full-tuition scholarships are available to applicants who demonstrate a history of academic and professional success, leadership, service and engagement in cultural or cross-cultural initiatives in previous academic, professional or volunteer settings.
Strong candidates will have the following characteristics:
- Two or more years of full-time work experience after graduating from college
- Strong undergraduate academic record and GMAT or GRE test scores
- Evidence of committed involvement in activities, programs or initiatives that foster inclusion, cross-cultural awareness, or a commitment to diversity in its many forms
- Completion of an additional essay outlining “Why I am an Outreach Scholar.”
Priority consideration for Outreach Scholars is given to applicants who apply by February 15, and the final application deadline for consideration is April 15.
Learn more about the St. Thomas MBA Outreach Scholarship program.
Dean’s Service Scholarships are available to admissible Full-time MBA applicants who have completed or are scheduled to complete a service commitment through one of the organizations listed below. Every admitted candidate with one or more years of service is guaranteed an $8,000 renewable two-year scholarship. Scholarship amounts may be greater, pending review of completed application.
- Brethren Voluntary Service
- Catholic Volunteer Network and member organizations
- Jesuit Volunteer Corps
- LDS Mission
- Lutheran Volunteer Corps
- Mennonite Voluntary Service
- Peace Corps
- Teach for America
You must indicate the period of your service on the "Additional Information” section of your application. You may be asked to provide documentation.
Service Scholars are also eligible for other scholarship opportunities within the Full-time MBA program, ranging from $8,000 to full tuition, depending on qualifications and scholarship availability.
Candidates with a demonstrated commitment to the nonprofit sector may be eligible for special scholarship consideration. Scholarship awards begin at $8,000 for qualified candidates but vary depending on the overall strength of the applicant profile
To be eligible, candidates must demonstrate the following:
- Two or more years of full-time work experience at an established nonprofit organization
- Completion of an additional essay outlining your commitment to the community your nonprofit organization served and how that experience has prepared you to be a member of the Full-time MBA cohort.
Scholarship opportunities will be available for candidates with an engineering background who wish to add a business component to their academic and career profile. Scholarship awards begin at $8,000 for qualified candidates but vary depending on the overall strength of the applicant profile.
To be eligible, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Two or more years of full-time work experience after graduating from college.
- Strong undergraduate academic record and GMAT or GRE test scores.
- An undergraduate degree in the following fields will be considered:
- Computer Science
Each year, the Full-time MBA core faculty and various departments on campus select students to work roughly 10 hours per week. Selected students must be in good academic standing and will exemplify academic excellence, commitment to the Full-time MBA program and strong peer relationships within their cohort.
The Opus College of Business welcomes applications from men and women with military backgrounds and is honored to be chosen as a Military Friendly Business School by MBA.com. The college offers the following benefits to veterans:
- Waiver of the application fee for persons with a history of service
- One-year deferment of acceptance and scholarship if admitted military students' plans are delayed by their service branch
In addition, the University of St. Thomas is participating in the Yellow Ribbon Education Enhancement Program, a provision of the Post 9/11 Veterans Educational Assistance Act of 2008. St. Thomas provides unlimited Yellow Ribbon awards to graduate students in the Opus College of Business; this tuition benefit will be matched by the Veterans Administration.
To learn more about other veteran’s benefits provided by the University of St. Thomas, please visit the Veteran Student Information page.