To apply for admission, please complete and submit all required parts of the application.
It is not necessary to send the entire package at once; you may submit items as you complete them. When your application is complete, you will be contacted by the admissions manager.
Generally an admission decision is communicated to the applicant two weeks following the admission interview.
Access the online application form to set up your account and complete your application. The application can be completed in a single session or over the course of many days or weeks. The more information you have at the ready (résumé, letters of recommendation), the faster it will be to complete your application.
Upon submitting your application, you will be asked to pay by credit card or check.
In order to complete your online application, you'll need to upload your résumé.
You'll also need to have your essay completed and ready to upload in order to submit your online application.
We require a bachelor’s degree in any subject from a regionally accredited U.S. institution (or the international equivalent). Original transcripts are required from all undergraduate and graduate institutions you have attended, sent directly from the institution.
If your institution offers electronic transcripts, please send them to email@example.com. Paper transcripts must be submitted in sealed envelopes and signed by the appropriate university official. These can be sent to:
University of St. Thomas
Graduate Records - Admissions
1000 LaSalle Ave., Box 5
Minneapolis, MN 55403-2005
International Applicants: See transcript evaluation requirements listed in the international checklist.
Exception: Transcripts for advanced placement courses and study abroad transfer credits are not required.
Academic credentials: Transcript, diploma, English translation
We require applicants’ credentials to be at least the equivalent to a four-year bachelor’s degree from a regionally-accredited U.S. institution. If you completed your undergraduate or graduate work at a college or university outside of the United States, you must complete a transcript evaluation. There are two options available to applicants in need of a transcript evaluation.
- Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE) is an independent transcript evaluation service that the Opus College of Business accepts for international transcript evaluation. If you choose to have ECE do your evaluation, you will receive a copy of the evaluation. To use ECE, visit their website and choose the “Start Your Evaluation” and the “Course-by-Course Evaluation Report” option.
- Alternatively, St. Thomas can provide transcript evaluation for a fee of $100. If you choose to have St. Thomas do your evaluation, you will not receive a copy of your evaluation. To use St. Thomas, fill out our online form to sign up and pay for your evaluation.
If you already have a transcript evaluation, or would prefer to have it completed on your own, please contact the admissions office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (651) 962-4230 to ensure that the evaluation service you use is accepted by our university.
Letters of recommendation are requested through the online application. Recommenders have the option to submit a letter covering the areas listed below, or to fill out our Recommendation Form. The Recommendation Form will address the following topics regarding your application to the program:
- Their relationship to you and length of time they have known you
- Their impression of your ability to succeed in a graduate business program
- Your outstanding characteristics and areas where you need to grow or develop
- Your present impact on your organization or business
- How graduate study would influence your professional growth
- Academic profile
- Management and Leadership profiles
- Personal profile
Details on each are included in the online application.
The admissions manager will contact applicants to schedule an admission interview once their application is complete.