The St. Thomas MS in Business Analytics program was developed with significant input and feedback from experienced analytics leaders in the Twin Cities business community. The curriculum was designed to provide our graduates with the key interdisciplinary skills and knowledge that companies need - analytics professionals who can effectively identify, gather, and analyze data to solve problems and find opportunities in today's complex business environments.
Seven courses of the Business Analytics degree curriculum, or 21 credits, are requirements, to provide a solid foundation of technical and quantitative knowledge on which to build your studies. The other three courses of the curriculum, or 9 credits, are comprised of a selection of elective courses of your choosing.
The required courses in the program include:
- Statistical Methods for Decision Making (OPMT600) OR
- Foundations of Data Analysis (SEIS 631)
- Applied Advanced Business Statistics (OPMT 605)
- Spreadsheet Modeling and Visualization (OPMT 621)
- Data Analytics and Visualization (SEIS 632)
- Databases Management Systems and Design (SEIS 630)
- Big Data Management (SEIS 737)
- Managerial Writing and Presentations (BCOM 536) OR
- Storytelling: Influencing Organization Decision (MGMT 714) OR
- Technical Communication (SEIS 605)