Resources for BrassChix
Of Interest to Brass Players
- International Horn Society
- International Trumpet Guild
- International Trombone Association
- International Tuba & Euphonium Association
- Hornmatters.com, a site with articles on the French horn, brass related topics,and the field of classical music
Resources for Healthy Brass Playing
- Performing Arts Medical Clinic, Courage Kenny Rehabilitation Institute
- Brian McCullough, Trombonist, Alexander Technique
- Starkey Hearing aid/protection
- Buzz pipes for embouchure rehabilitation
- Ergobrass instruments support system
- Paxman horn stick and hand strap
- Janet Horvath "Playing Less Hurt: An Injury Prevention Guide for Musicians"
- Lucinda Lewis "Broken Embouchures"
- Marshall Chasin "Hearing Loss in Musicians: Prevention and Management"
- Malva Freymuth "Mental Practice and Imagery for Musicians: A Practical Guide for Optimizing Practice Time, Enhancing Performance, and Preventing Injury"
- Susan Bruckne "The Whole Musician: A Multisensory Guide to Practice, Performance, and Pedagogy"
You will find a BrassChix participant or presenter in one or more of these organizations!
- International Women’s Brass Conference
- Women in Music Minnesota
- The Minnesota Orchestra
- The Saint Paul Chamber Orchestra
- Metropolitan Symphony Orchestra
- Metro Brass
- Compass Rose Brass
- Brava Brass!
- Blue Waters Brass Band
- Twin Cities Horn Club
- Twin Cities Trumpet Ensemble
- Minneapolis Trombone Choir
- Grand Symphonic Winds
- Encore Wind Ensemble
- St. Paul Police Band
- Brio Brass
- Minnesota State Band
- Shoreview Northern Lights Variety Band
- Lex-Ham Community Band
- She Rock She Rock