The Rome Empower Program
The Rome Empower Program is a signature St. Thomas study abroad opportunity that prepares you to excel in a changing, global marketplace.
In our Rome Empower Program, the classroom intersects with the real-world. Site visits, weekend excursions and cultural events immerse you in a new culture and broaden your perspective of the world, bringing relevance to the classroom and allowing you to think across disciplines.
Designed for first semester sophomores, the Rome Empower Program ensures that you stay on track for graduation while you study abroad. Since this is a St. Thomas program, there’s no question that credits will transfer. You’ll choose four courses from an expanded list of classes:
- ARTH 310 (fine arts)
- CHEM 201 (lab science) – NEW!
- ENGL 203 (literature and writing, second-level)
- HIST 112 (historical studies)
- PHIL 214 (moral and philosophical reasoning, second-level)
- THEO 250 (faith and the Catholic tradition, second-level)
- THEO 424 (faith and the Catholic tradition, 400 level)
- Other major/minor courses may be available
Bernardi Rome Fund Awards
Students accepted to the Rome Empower Program receive a $2,000 Bernardi Rome award to help offset additional expenses, such as airfare and meals. Additionally, most students are able to use their scholarships, grants and loans to help cover program costs. These costs are comparable to St. Thomas’ comprehensive tuition fee plus the off-campus study fee. Included in the program fee are:
- Tuition: four courses plus a 2-credit introductory Italian language course
- Housing and meals (breakfast daily and one dinner per week)
- Site visits and excursions within Rome and throughout the country