ESSAY REQUIREMENTS AND GUIDELINES
Reflect on a recent transformative learning experience. What was it that you learned? Now carefully look through the information about the Aquinas Scholars Honors Program. Read about our purpose as well as the benefits and expectations of Aquinas Scholars. Read about our seminars and perhaps even a newsletter.
Drawing connections between your past learning experience and aspects of the Aquinas Scholars program, write your essay (double-spaced, minimum 500 words) addressing the following questions:
- What got you interested in or excited about the subject?
- How could your learning experience relate to one of the honors seminars about which you read?
- How would you share your experience to make other Scholars more excited about learning?
- What do you hope to contribute to and gain from being part of the Aquinas Scholars program?
CRITERIA FOR AQUINAS SCHOLARS ESSAY
The application essay for the Aquinas Scholars Honors Program will be judged on the following criteria:
- The organization of the essay.
- The clarity of the essay.
- The correct use of English grammar and spelling.
- Clearly describes the Learning Experience and the subject about which they learned.
- Reflects on how the Learning Experience relates to the Aquinas Scholars Honors Program.
- Describes how they will contribute to and gain from Aquinas Scholars program membership.