* All information regarding the Juris Doctor (J.D.) program, including application processes and student resources, is available at http://www.stthomas.edu/law/jd/

Where should I send my transcripts?

University of St. Thomas Graduate Admissions

TMH 201 Box 5

1000 LaSalle Ave

Minneapolis MN 55403

What is the Application fee?

Application fees vary depending on programs and some can be waived under certain conditions. Please contact the program directly to find out details.

How do I contact a specific program?

To reach a program directly, please visit their site which is accessible through links on our program finder here: Program Finder. The program’s website should provide you with contact information.

I am an international student, how can I apply?

International graduate applicants must first complete the online application for the program they wish to be admitted to. General requirements and submissions can be found on the individual program websites. A full list of graduate programs and links to departmental websites and online applications can be found on the graduate admissions website. The below requirements are relevant to international students and must be submitted to Graduate Admissions in addition to the general requirements of the programs.  

For more information, visit: https://www.stthomas.edu/intl/graduate/

How are graduate admission test scores provided to the university?

Follow up with testing agencies to make sure your test scores were submitted, if applicable. Testing services submit scores to the University of St. Thomas on your behalf. In most cases, this happens automatically; however, it may be a good idea to follow up with agencies to be sure your scores have been submitted. 

What degree(s) earned and transcripts are necessary for admissions?

We require a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution (or the international equivalent). Original transcripts are required from all undergraduate and graduate institutions you have attended, sent directly from the institution.

*Exception: Transcripts for advanced placement courses (PSEO) and study abroad transfer credits are not required.

Paper transcripts must be submitted in sealed envelopes and signed by the appropriate university official. These can be sent to:

University of St. Thomas

Graduate Admissions

TMH 201 Box 5

1000 LaSalle Ave

Minneapolis, MN 55403-2005

Electronic transcripts should be sent to gradadmissions@stthomas.edu directly from the institution

Where can admissions information for International students be found?

International students should view the International Admissions and Aid website for the most up-to-date information regarding Immigration documents, English Proficiency, I-20 request forms and other relevant documents.  https://www.stthomas.edu/intl/graduate/   

Do you hold a degree from a college outside the United States?

If you completed your undergraduate or graduate work at a college or university outside of the United States, you must complete a transcript evaluation. There are two options available to applicants in need of a transcript evaluation.

  • Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE) and World Education Services (WES) are independent transcript evaluation services that are accepted for international transcript evaluation. If you choose to have ECE or WES do your evaluation, you will receive a copy of the evaluation. To use ECE or WES, visit their website and choose the “Start Your Evaluation” option.

Where is the HEA Student Consumer Information?

The following site is provided as a resource to prospective and enrolled students and their parents, and lists the HEA required disclosures by the University of St. Thomas: http://www.stthomas.edu/administration/policies/compliance

How can I pay for my graduate education?

University of St. Thomas offers a wide variety of payment options; students typically use a combination of options to create a payment plan that works for their financial circumstances. Options include Federal Financial Aid, Institutional Scholarships, Private Student Loans, Monthly No-Interest Payments, and other Government funding, such as funding related to the GI Bill (for members of the armed services).

To receive Federal Financial Aid, you must meet certain requirements. The Graduate Financial Aid website may answer many of your questions:http://www.stthomas.edu/financialaid/graduate/ 

What military benefits or resources are available?

The University of St. Thomas has been named a Military Friendly School by G.I. jobs! You can view our profile on the G.I. Jobs website at this url:


 Please follow the links to find the University provided information from our Registrar’s site: