Art History - BA
Student Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate an ability to define and carry out a major research project and to apply appropriate art historical methods, including analyses of the biases, methodologies, and strength of scholarly sources.
- Demonstrate an ability to present results of research in oral format and an awareness of the different approaches required by various presentation media and audiences.
- Demonstrate an ability to apply a variety of methodological approaches to art, including resources, bibliography, and both traditional and new approaches or theories.
- Demonstrate an ability to articulate the ethical dimension of the decisions relating to the study, display, discovery, and utilization of art and artifacts.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the cultural context in which an artwork is produced. Be able to recognize meaning in the visual arts and to relate this to culture and period.