We love how the Twin Cities has a great proximity to everything! If you want to water ski in the summer or snow board in the winter, you can get there in no time. If you want to see a Broadway production or hear a local musician perform, you can. The possibilities are endless. Take advantage of metromix.com to find the latest and greatest events going on. Unlike most colleges in Minnesota, the St. Paul campus is right along the Mississippi River and is close to many urban lakes. You can hop on a bike and head to one of the many nature paths located right in the heart of this vibrant metropolis.
- Minneapolis and St. Paul ranked Best Cities for Young Professionals (Forbes Magazine)
- One of the top job markets in the nation and the best metro area for job seekers (Forbes Magazine)
- The Twin Cities rank as one of the most fun cities in the United States (Portfolio Magazine)
- More theater seats per capita than any other city besides New York (Time Magazine)
- The healthiest, fittest cities in the United States (The American College of Sports Medicine)
- Top 10 for rock concerts per capita (Songkick)
- #1 for volunteerism (Corporation for National and Community Service
One word: sports! Our location is close to all the major sporting venues. Hop on a bus or ride your bike to Target Field, the Xcel Center and Target Center and cheer on the hometown teams. It’s tough to beat the combination of inexpensive public transportation and low ticket prices.
Arts & Culture
Minneapolis features more theater seats per capita than any other city besides New York! Shows are performed at the Ordway, Orpheum, and Guthrie Theaters. You’ll be amazed by the talent the Twin Cities attracts and creates. Whether you’re looking for a big name artist or for an authentic Irish band, you’ll be able to see the shows you want without traveling across the country.
Food & Shopping
The Twin Cities is home of the original Lucy Burger and is a cultural melting pot of food and culture, boasting Irish, German, Italian, Asian, Middle-Eastern, and of course Scandinavian influences. Your challenge will be choosing from many small, family-owned establishments and an abundance of fancy restaurants. Lots of cities have shopping malls, but only one city has an amusement park and a movie theatre inside of that shopping mall. The Mall of America! It’s easy to hop on a bus and go to the mall whenever you want.
Fun Isn’t Just For Summer
No one knows better than Minnesotans how to warm up that winter chill. Just when you start dreaming of heading south, St. Paul hosts its Winter Carnival. Originally started to disprove a New York reporter that Minnesota isn’t fit for inhabitation in the winter, the carnival provides exciting activities for all ages, from snow golf to ice sculptures. There’s no better way to enjoy a Minnesota winter.