Center for Engineering Education supports teachers STEM integration with engineering education with multiple degrees and certificates
- Pre-service students earn a Minor in Engineering Education
- In-service graduate students earn a Graduate Certificate in Engineering Education
- In-service graduate students earn a Master of Arts in Educational Studies with an Engineering Education focus
- Graduate courses and the Graduate Certificate may be transferred to multiple higher education partners.
Center for Engineering Education News
Summer 2018 Engineering Education Courses - NEW ONLINE Digitial Electronics & Computing Systems
- TEGR 528: Engineering in the P-12 Classroom (June 12-16 on campus + blended)
Dr. Monson and Dr. Besser guide class participants through a comprehensive understanding of PK-12 STEAM curriculum, including emerging STEM practices and integration of real world engineering.
- EGED 612: Digital Electronics and Computing Systems (ONLINE!)
Dr. Kundan Nepal explores the fundamental principles that have enabled the "digital computing revolution" in communications, computing, entertainment, and monitoring systems. Course projects include use of an Arduino microprocessor system. Read what other teachers have to say about this course at http://www.stthomas.edu/cee/courses/digital/.
- EGED 613: Materials Science & Engineering (July 16-20 on campus+ blended)
Dr. Brittany Nelson-Cheeseman, unlocks the secrets to how materials marvels, like graphene, shape memory metal, Kevlar and diamond attain their exceptional properties. Educators explore why material properties and how materials can be engineered for properties desired.
View the Engineering Education application and scholarship application at http://www.stthomas.edu/cee/applicationregistrationscholarships/
Graduate Certificate + Master of Arts Degrees
- The UST Graduate Certificate in Engineering Education is transferrable into Bethel University's Master of Arts in Education K-12. Learn more at Bethel Graduate Education and contact Laura Grafsky, Enrollment Counselor at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-635-8012
- The UST Graduate Certificate in Engineering Education is transferrable into University of St. Catherine's Master of Art in Education. Learn more at St Kate MAED-licensed and contact Siri Anderson, Director of Graduate Education for Licensed Teachers at email@example.com or 651-690-6121
STEPS - Science, Technology, Engineering Preview
The Science, Technology & Engineering Preview Summer - STEPS - program is an introduction for 6th and 8th grade girls to the exciting world of science, technology and engineering. STEPS is held in the University of St. Thomas in engineering labs and the MakerSpace. Participants experience hands-on engineering with high-tech equipment at the University of St. Thomas School of Engineering. Find details at http://www.stthomas.edu/stepscamp/
Explore Engineering is a hands-on engineering exploration that brings together High School students with University of St. Thomas engineering professors. These small group hands-on sessions allow STEM students to experience engineering in way that can only be experienced in engineering labs with engineering professors. May 21st session information
Engineering Education Resources
A new civil engineering resources developed by MN DOT and SRF Consulting provides K-12 students with a portal to civil engineering activities and career information at https://becomeacivilengineer.com/. You may have heard that the Science Museum of Minnesota declared 2018 the Year of the Engineer. A year of exciting special events are planned at the Science Museum including April 28th Civil Engineering Day and the showing of the IMAX movie Dream Big! Check out these and the many other exciting engineering events this year.
Educator Playdates + OK Go Sandbox Launch
Dr. AnnMarie Thomas hosts free monthly playdates for educators, artists, and makers. Learn more about the sharing and creativity at Dr. AnnMarie Thomas. Educators can access exciting and inspiring lessons from Dr. AnnMarie Thomas' collaboration with the OK Go band at OK Go Sandbox.
Professional Development for Educators
Are you looking for a custom STEAM, Engineering Design, or Maker oriented Professional Development program for your school? The Center for Engineering Education has experience creating Professional Development programs to specifically meet school's needs and interests. Please contact Dr. Deb Besser firstname.lastname@example.org or Dr. AnnMarie Thomas email@example.com for details.
Contact Dr. Deb Besser (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.