Online assistance through email is available to all writers. Those living far from campus or who work full time and take classes at night will find online consulting very convenient. We do, however, recommend that writers -- especially first year undergraduates or those in the very early stages of their projects -- be consulted in person.
We work online as we do in person: we ask questions and provide suggestions on your document. We will provide feedback as soon as possible.
We do not edit or proofread texts, but can recommend freelance editors upon request.
To request online assistance:
- Go to our online appointment system to register. If you have previously registered with WC Online, please sign in with your username and password.
- Locate any consultant that has "available for e-tutoring" underneath his or her name.
- Click on any white space to the right of that consultant's name and register for an e-tutoring appointment.
- Attach a draft of your paper by clicking the yellow folder icon in the upper left section of the scheduling window.
- You will then recieve edits and comments on your draft by the end of your scheduled appointment hour.
Your draft may be used for training purposes.
If you have any questions, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.