Celebrating its 28th year in 2016, the three-day conference is designed to be an experience that sets itself apart by focusing on big ideas, interactive discussions and lasting connections.
The information below relates to the 2016 conference. Information about the 2017 conference will be available in fall. Interested in attending? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to join our mailing list.
2016 REGISTRATION OPTIONS AND PRICING Options Regular Registration
(Jan 22-Mar 18, 2016)
Early Bird Registration (ends Jan 31, 2016) Group Discount
(per person, ends Mar 18, 2016)
Conference Packages Full Conference (March 29-31) $1295 $1155 $1105 Day 2 and Day 3 (March 30-31) $1170 $1055 $1000 Single Day Registration
Day 1 Seminars (March 29) $325 $290 $275 Day 2 Sessions (March 30) $650 $585 $555 Day 3 Sessions (March 31) $650 $585 $555 Tables of Content Dinner Discussion $60 $60 $60
Options and Pricing Information
- Conference materials, Welcome Reception and Farewell Reception admittance included in registration fee.
- Day 2 and 3 registration includes keynote(s), continental breakfast, lunch and refreshments.
- Group Discount only applies for groups of 5 or more from the same company. Group registration expires March 18, 2016. Please contact us at email@example.com for a group registration discount code.
- Sponsor Rate: If your organization is a sponsor, locate your internal registration contact for registration instructions and a special discount code. If you are a part of sponsoring company and do not register using a sponsor rate, you will be responsible for payment of the regular rate. No refunds will be issued. View the list of sponsoring organizations.
Payment is due at time of registration.
Check payments or purchase orders should be made payable to the University of St. Thomas and must accompany all registrations.
Please include a copy of your registration form with payment and mail to:
University of St. Thomas, Opus College of Business
The Forum on Workplace Inclusion
1000 LaSalle Avenue, TMH 444
Minneapolis, MN 55403-2005
Cancellations and Substitutions
All registration cancellations and refund requests (including Tables of Content Dinner) must be made in writing (email acceptable) by February 19, 2016. A refund of the full conference fee, minus $100 administrative fee, will be given for cancellations received by that date. No refunds will be granted for requests postmarked on or after February 19, 2016. Submit all requests via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Forum regrets that refunds will not be given for no-shows.
Substitutions are gladly accepted! Substitutions of registrations are permitted prior to the conference and onsite. Only one substitution is permitted per original registrant. The individual submitting the substitution request is responsible for all financial obligations (any balance due) associated with that substitution. Please provide the name, email address and phone number of the substitute and email to email@example.com no later than Friday, March 4, 2016.
Some of the Day 1 Seminars may have enrollment limits. Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis.
Great Forum Gathering
March 29 5:30-8:30 p.m.
University of St. Thomas School of Law Schulz Atrium
The highlight of Day One, the Great Forum Gathering is a powerful general session that includes insights and stories from multiple presenters – teeing up bold conversations that deepen our personal narratives about diversity, inclusion and equity.
As the primary Forum networking event, we’ve designed a dramatic open space that summons people to share their personal stories and make their voices heard. Light food and beverage accompany the conversations, which ultimately, inspire a call to action for igniting new directions.
Tables of Content Dinner Discussion
Satisfy your appetite and stimulate your mind at the Tables of Content dinner discussion (TOC). Intimate tables of 8 will gather to discuss a shared topic of conversation over dinner. A conference speaker will participate and moderate the conversation.View the list of topics for the 2016 Tables of Content Dinner Discussion
NEW in 2016!
THE POWER OF STORY FOR NETWORKING:How to Build Relationships Anywhere You Go
March 30, 10:30 a.m.-12 p.m.
Most of us recognize that we’re supposed to network — we hear it from so many experts, but so few of them tell us what we’re really supposed to be doing. So we don’t do it. Or if we do, we show up and burn time because we just don’t know
what to do and we don’t know what to say. And that can create a lot of anxiety that can really get in the way of any kind of productive conversation.
THE POWER OF STORY identifies everything that gets in our way around networking, and then quickly and efficiently takes care of those barriers, replacing anxiety with ease, uncertainty with clarity, and resignation with excitement.
• A game-changing new understanding of what the challenge of networking is all about
• A whole new level of comfort and ability around networking
• An ability to lead productive networking conversations with anyone, anywhere
WINNING PRESENTATIONS: How To Tell Your Story
March 30 3:30-5 p.m.
March 31 11:45 a.m.-1:15 p.m.
All of us have great things to share, but not everybody has all the skills to share those things powerfully and effectively. We can be held back by not knowing how to organize our information. We can be daunted by the crowd. Or our body
language can disagree with what we want to say. Changing all of this can be a challenging task of practice and repetition, but a great beginning can come in learning what to do.
In WINNING PRESENTATIONS, the storytellers of SagePresence shares their 14 years of experience helping business professionals present more powerfully and effectively in a single interactive session.
You will walk away with:
• A simple, flexible formula for organizing your information
• A powerful tool for transforming anxiety into confidence
• A means for projecting confidence, even when you’re not sure you’re feeling it
• The secret to true dynamism that anyone can achieve
Onsite Coaching Center for D&I and Workplace Practitioners
March 29, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
March 30, 9:30- 11:30 a.m. and 1-5 p.m.
Minneapolis Convention Center.
Participate in one of the Forum’s Top-Rated Conference Programs; Free to all Attendees
The Forum on Workplace Inclusion is offering one-hour of dedicated coaching/consulting to support your diversity, inclusion, and cultural intelligence success in the workplace.
Increase your conference ROI with outcome-focused assistance you can apply when returning to the workplace.
- One-to-one (one-to-work team) coaching/consulting
- Confidential: All experts have signed a confidentiality agreement
- Session: Outcome-focused assistance on your specific D&I needs
- Faculty: Chief Diversity Officers, D&I/HR leaders, multicultural talent acquisition and management experts and executive coaches
How to register: If you are interested in receiving coaching services, please check yes during conference registration. A program leader will contact you to schedule your session. Coaching appointments are limited.
Who is Eligible
All conference attendees including:
- Diversity & Inclusion Professionals and Leaders
- Talent Acquisition Professionals
- Managers, Supervisors or Professionals seeking D&I guidance and/or who manage diverse talent
How it Works
- Register during conference registration
- A program leader will contact you to discuss scheduling and coach match process
- You will be assigned to the expert available at your selected time
- Attend your one-hour confidential session at the conference
- Diverse talent acquisition, onboarding, employee engagement, development, management, retention, advancement
- Inclusion & Diversity best practices: strategy, buy-in at all levels, execution, metrics, cultural intelligence
- ERGs: Generating management support, organization effectiveness, greater employee participation
- Any D&I needs you have
“The D&I coaching service exceeded my expectations. My coach was a true subject matter expert and I left the session with actionable strategies specific to the challenges I had in moving our program forward.”
“I have been in the D&I space for over 10 years. Having the opportunity to collaborate with a senior leader who understands my issues was a highlight of this conference.”
How to register: If you are interested in receiving coaching services, please check yes during your conference registration. A program leader will contact you to schedule your session. Coaching appointments are limited.
Check back soon to view faculty profiles
Managed by Global Diversity Solutions Group LLC
The Forum strives to make conference accessible for everyone. Visit the Special Accommodations page for information on dietary restrictions, ADA requirements and other accommodations.
Scholarships & Volunteers
Reduced fee scholarships are available for students and nonprofit employees (annual budgets less than $5 million). To learn more about available scholarships, see our Scholarships page.