Scholarships for Women's Studies Majors
Congratulations to Emilee Sirek as the recipient of the 2011-2012 scholarship. The Luann Dummer Center for Women is pleased to provide an annual scholarship in the amount of $2,000 to a qualified Women’s Studies major or minor.
To apply for this scholarship, students must:
• Have officially declared a major or minor in Women’s Studies
• Have completed or currently be enrolled in WMST 205, Foundations of Women’s Studies
• Submit an essay, report, or project, developed in a classroom context, that addresses a Women’s Studies topic, with a cover letter that explains the value of that project or essay in light of their education in Women’s Studies
• Submit an unofficial transcript
• Submit, in a sealed, signed envelope, a letter of support from a Women’s Studies faculty member
The review committee for this award will evaluate applications based on the student’s academic strength and financial need.
Applications for scholarships for the 2012-2013 academic year must be received by Dr. Angela High-Pippert, Director of Women’s Studies, Mail # JRC 432, no later than March 8, 2013. For
additional information, please contact Dr. High-Pippert at 962-5725 or by e-mail at