What’s A Drink?
A standard drink is a 12 ounce bottle of beer or wine cooler, one 5 ounce glass of wine, or 1.5 ounces of 80-proof distilled spirits (shot).
What is Binge Drinking?
Binge drinking is defined as consuming 5 or more drinks for men and 4 or more drinks for women at one time.
Binge drinking is a lot of things. It can include:
Drinking a lot in a short amount of time
Drinking a lot…period
Reaching a very high blood alcohol level
Experiencing problems as a result of your drinking
High blood-alcohol levels increase the risk for:
Alcohol related injuries or death
Transmission of STD, including HIV
Acquaintance rape and many others…
Don’t Drink If….
You really don’t want to
You’re upset, anxious or angry
You are doing other drugs
There is a chance of unintended or unwanted sexual activity
You’re pregnant or think you might be
You’ll be driving
You’re taking certain medicines occasionally or routinely.
Tips for responsible drinking:
1. Drink slowly
2. Allow time between drinks
3. Eat food before and while you drink
4. Drink water or juice between alcoholic drinks
5. Stop when you’ve reached your limit
6. Have a designated driver
7. Watch your drink at all times
8. Don’t accept drinks from others
9. Plan how you will get home
10. Don’t mix alcohol with medication or drugs
11. Avoid drinking games
12. Learn more how alcohol affects you
13. Be responsible
Murray Herrick 3rd floor
Mail # 4025,
2115 Summit Avenue
St. Paul, MN - 55105
8:00 am to 4:30 pm