Helpful Information for UAWE Members
Advocacy Information Racks
The UAWE sponsors brochure racks with items of interest for women in many women’s restrooms on campus. Although some of the materials change, there are brochures related to sexual assault and domestic violence in all restrooms that have racks.
Lactation Rooms and Diaper Changing Facilities on Campus
Lactation rooms and diaper-changing facilities are available on campus for students, faculty and staff who nurse their babies. Locations where mothers have been comfortable nursing their children and aspirating milk for future use are:
- Anderson Student Center Family Room (2nd floor). Request access at the Tommie Central desk.
- The women’s restroom on the 2nd floor of Murray-Herrick Campus Center next to the Admissions office.
- The women’s restroom on the 1st floor of the John R. Roach Center for the Liberal Arts, just outside Room 126.
- On South campus, BEC 202 is available and you can request a key from BEC 05 if the door is locked. It is accessible from the stairwell as well as the stairs behind the stage.
- Another option (depending on availability) is the Luann Dummer Center for Women in OEC 103.
- Room 438 in Terrence Murphy Hall; the key is available at the Safety and Security desk on the first floor.
- A small room located at the back of the women’s restroom on the lower level of the School of Law; this room is equipped with a comfortable chair, cabinet or side table, fold-down diaper-changing table and small refrigerator.
- Opus College of Business room TMH 100A.