Helpful Information for UAWE Members
Advocacy Information Racks
The UAWE sponsors brochure racks with items of interest for women in many women’s restrooms on campus. Although some of the materials change, there are brochures related to sexual assault and domestic violence in all restrooms that have racks.
Lactation Rooms and Diaper Changing Facilities on Campus
Lactation rooms and diaper-changing facilities are available on campus for students, faculty and staff who nurse their babies. Locations where mothers have been comfortable nursing their children and aspirating milk for future use are:
- Anderson Student Center Family Room (2nd floor). Request access at the Tommie Central desk.
- The women’s restroom on the first and second floors of Murray-Herrick Campus Center.
- The women’s restroom on the first floor of the John R. Roach Center for the Liberal Arts, just outside Room 126.
- The Meditation Room on the first floor of Murray-Herrick Campus Center.
- The lounges in Owens and O’Shaughnessy science halls.
- Some other options, depending on availability, are the Luann Dummer Center for Women, OEC 103, and the foyer outside of OEC auditorium.
- Room 438 in Terrence Murphy Hall, Minneapolis campus; the key is available at the Safety and Security desk on the first floor.
- A small room located at the back of the women’s restroom on the lower level of the School of Law; this room is equipped with a comfortable chair, cabinet or side table, fold-down diaper-changing table and small refrigerator.