Tommies Together First-Year Volunteer Corps
Positions in the 2016-2017 Volunteer Corps have been filled!
The Tommies Together Volunteer Corps is a team of select first-year students committed to advancing the Common Good through volunteerism.
Throughout their first year, Volunteers cultivate skills to successfully navigate academic and co-curricular commitments. Volunteers serve with a team of first-years who share a dedication to community and personal growth through service.
Benefits and Responsibilities
Participation in the Corp includes approximately 5-7 hours per week:
- 3-5 hours per week service commitment with a local non-profit
- Two meetings per month for professional development and reflection
- Mid-year retreat
Volunteers may have the opportunity to participate in:
- Select meetings with guest speakers
- Planning committees and leadership teams
- Alternative Break experiences
During Student Leadership Selection in the spring semester, Volunteers will be eligible for positions on the Tommies Together Volunteer Advisory Board for the following academic year.