UST receives five awards for sustainability
University of St. Thomas recently received five awards or other recognition for its sustainability efforts. (Read details about these in the Newsroom article.)
- Windsource, the green wind-energy program of Xcel Energy, announced that St. Thomas is the largest purchaser of Windsource energy in the company’s history.
- The 2013 Sustainable Saint Paul Award for Institutional Green Building Design in the construction of the Anderson Student Center was presented by the City of St. Paul to St. Thomas on April 17th.
- The Environmental Protection Agency recognized St. Thomas as the 2012-2013 conference champion for using more green power than any other college or university in the Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference.
- In the national Recyclemania Tournament, St. Thomas placed second overall in Minnesota with first place in four of seven recycling categories.
- The Princeton Review on Tuesday announced that St. Thomas is included in its fourth annual “Guide to 322 Green Colleges: 2013 Edition.”
Frequently Used Links
St. Thomas is a certified EPA Green Power partner
A voluntary program that supports the organizational procurement of green power by offering expert advice, technical support, tools and resources.
UST signs Presidents Climate Commitment
President Dease announced the signing of the Presidents Climate Commitment at his 2008 Convocation Speech