During Your First Few Weeks at UST You Should…
- Get your textbooks.
- Continue to check your UST email account regularly for messages from your Summer Orientation Leader or Transfer Orientation Leader. They will send you updates on exciting activities and on-campus events. You may also receive messages from professors regarding your course as well.
- If you didn’t get your UST ID card at orientation, stop by the Card Office on the 2nd floor of MHC. They can also answer any questions you have about meal plans, flex dollars or express dollars.
- Involvement on campus broadens knowledge of the university, develops leadership skills, adds to a resume and helps connect to the campus community. Attend
Welcome Events and the Activities Fair to learn more about getting involved.
- If you plan on working during your first-year, find on-campus jobs through Human Resources or the UST Job Opportunities website, or off-campus jobs through the Career Development Center.
- Full-time students receive a campus mailbox. If you don't remember your mailbox number or combination, stop by the post office in the lower level of Murray-Herrick Campus Center (MHC) to get this information.
- Verify your address and enter health insurance information in Murphy Online.
- Review the online conduct codes to familiarize yourself with your rights and responsibilities.
- Like UST Student Affairs on Facebook and Follow @USTStdntAffairs on Twitter.
- Go to class. Some classes may not have attendance requirements, but it is still important to attend! And don’t forget to get to know your professors during their office hours.
- Get a parking permit if you plan to commute to campus.
- Make a budget for your first-semester. Check out CashCourse for helpful reminders and tips.
- Transfer students should make sure to have completed transferring of credit procedures correctly. Ask your Academic Counselor about any questions or concerns.